23.04.2011 - Helsinki - Nosturi

As much as I'd love to go, it looks like I have to skip this one. (And Hämeenlinna.) But I already have my Sauna ticket. :)

I'm coming there too! I am very excited. Can't wait to see Turisas n stage, right in front of me! It will be my first time in Nosturi, so actually I feel a bit scared also. I'm afraid that I get lost or something. :D Argh, a few weeks to go..

just pushed to death, so don´t worry XD

Oh no.. :D Heh, this will be my first time at Nosturi and Helsinki is so big city that I'm really afraid of getting lost. I don't even know how to find our hotel after we arrive to the railway station. And there are so many railwaystations anyway (Pasila, Tikkurila etc. and I don't know when we leave the train). Aaargh!!

I have thought that if we want to be there in time we should come to Nosturi a few hours before opening, but we should also eat something (I will be so f**king hungry after 7 hours of traveling). I hope there's a Chinese restaurant or anything like take-away food restaurants that I could come to Nosturi as early as possible.

I know, I love cheering up people XD ;))

Well, I think the mainstation should be the choice if you´re staying at a hotel in the centre...
Which hotel are you staying at?

Tram to Nosturi (according to their HP):
Tram nr 6 goes near the venue. Jump off from the tram at "Hietalahdentori" -stop. From there you can see "Neste" -gas station, Nosturi is located just beside it.

This is very stupid question, but about the main railway station. It is not Pasila? Aargh, I hate myself for being so stupid. x) The only thing I remember about the sation is the big statue of nice VR guys.

We will stay at Omenahotelli (Lönnrotinkatu). I watched google maps and it wasn't very far from Nosturi. I'm also a bit scared of the thing that I should walk in Helsinki at night with warpaints, so it would be nice to use tram or bus or something.

No, it isn´t...you have to wait like 7 minutes longer and then it´s the mainstation in helsinki ;)

Oh that´s a nice place to stay :)
Just print google maps routes and you should be fine in the end...
Why not walking with warpaint at night? XD
Depending on if you wait for the band afterwards or not, and depending on the time, you might have to walk in the end XD

Why not walking with warpaint at night? XD

I'm afraid that a group of people that hate weirdos like me notice me and then they want to start a street fight or something. Yeah this may sound stupid because I believe that people in Helsinki have get used to different kind of people. Arg, you'll never know. :/

i´d not worry about it...you might get stared at or asked like "wtf?" but nothing more, at least from my experience of people there...

if mail myself there, do you think i can get on time? hahaha

@hardluck_woman dont get worry for the paint maybe they think you are partying hard XD

come on, we in Finland also party normally and usually do not wear warpaint during that ha ha XD

I'm afraid that a group of people that hate weirdos like me notice me and then they want to start a street fight or something. Yeah this may sound stupid because I believe that people in Helsinki have get used to different kind of people. Arg, you'll never know. :/
Don't worry! I've walked in the center of Helsinki many times with war paint on in the middle of the night, and most people's reactions have been positive. The rest just ignored me.

I'd love to come to Nosturi, but I've seen Turisas live already twice this spring - in January at Tavastia, and in March in Rock City, Nottingham, so most of my friends would say that's enough already. Besides, the Nottingham gig was so awesome that it's hard to believe the Nosturi gig could be better... But we'll see, probably I can't stay away, for I will be in Helsinki on that day nevertheless. And it would be nice to meet you guys!

Having seen them twice already doesn´t really count as an excuse, especially when you´re in town then anyways XD

Thanks to you all who have replied to my message about the warpaint! :)

Yeah, now I'm starting to believe that nothing happens even I'd have warpaint. And luckily I'm not there alone so I should not be scared too much. I have walked there with KISS mask when they had a gig in Helsinki and somebody just said "Haha, I know where you're going". :D So maybe that's not bad thing only. I really like to have attention and that's the thing why I wanna have the warpaint.

I´ve seen them last month in Belgium, also with Turisas...and I so don´t wanna wait anymore for the gigs now :D