23.04.2011 - Helsinki - Nosturi

I'm still thinking if I'm gonna get there or not... I'd love to, but I've got too much work I have to get finished too soon, and I'm most likely going to see two gigs anyway this week (though another of them 'cuz of working), so yeah. But I might be getting there, if I'm crazy enough to procrastinate more :'D

OMG, only a few days to go.. I can't believe it's so close! Now I must listen to Turisas, Crimfall and Deadforger (this I haven't done yet) so much that my head blows up. :D Hope that I get my colours for warpaint in time, because I ordered them today. Aargh! I cannot go to the gig without warpaint, because then no-one would recognize me. :D Luckily I ordered them from Punanaamio, and last time when I bought something there, they sent it quickly.

Is anyone coming to Nosturi to queue? I was thinking that some kind of meeting would be nice if there will be people waiting outside. Could talk and get to know each other etc. I may take playing cards, not sure yet. Anyway you'll recognize me with my warpaint and I have long, black hair. About the clothing I don't know yet. My friend told me there may be very cold weather because of the wind so maybe I need to take may winter coat. -.-

well, you won´t be the only one with warpaint, so that wouldnt be an easy sign to recognize you XD
like i said before, no idea when Kele and I will be there, but we´ll try to be there as early as possible I guess...
Cold? Weather forecast said like +11°C...at leats the one I heard...

Haha, but at least I know who belongs to the same group. :D I got my paints today and tomorrow I must try them. It will be fun.. ;)

About the coldness my friend said that it may we very windy and because of that the weather may be cold. This has been a problem to mee here in the north but don't know about the east. :D

yeah,a round nosturi it´s mostly windy...but it´s spring and it shouldn´t be too bad then ;)

Oooh myyy gooood tomorrow! I know this isn't very good message, I wrote something like this already yesterday but.. :D I feel that I could just jump on the walls or something, run around the city and and..

The only bad thing is that I must wake up tomorrow at 4.00 AM if I wanna be in time. Our train leaves at 6 AM but before it we must eat and I'm the slowest person in the world when I must wake up early. Luckily we can sleep in the train because the journey takes about 7 hours and we don't have to change train.

Yep, I'll be there. Can't stay away! Saw a Turisas dream last night, and that's clearly a sign that I must be there :D I'm coming straight from a friend's house warming party, so I won't be there very early, but at 22.45 at the latest. If you would like to meet up, maybe we could stay there a little longer after the gig?

I think staying a little longer after the gig sounds fine, if i am still able to be standing after it since my foot is making huge problems >.<

Count me in, sweeties, Lene is coming to town ;) So yeah, I couldn't resist the temptation after all. See ya there!

they will never be able to stick to setlists from now on...neverrr...
but was awesome...loved it :D

Unbelievable pictures!

Does anyone remember the setlist? I don't remember but I'd like to create playlist to my iPod which includes those songs so I can think again and again how awesome it was. :D

I think it was something like this - sorry if it´s in the wrong order...
To Holmgard and Beyond
One More
The March of the Varangian
Take the Day!
The Messenger
Five Hundred and One
In the Court of Jarisleif
The Great Escape
Miklagard Overture
Stand Up and Fight
Hunting Pirates
Sahti-Waari
Rex Regi Rebellis
Battle Metal

I went to Nosturi last Saturday without any particularly high expectations. I hadn't really been planning on coming, because I just couldn't believe the band could offer me anything new so shortly after seeing them in Nottingham. The gig in Rock City had been so amazing that I thought nothing could beat it. I just bought the ticket the same day and decided to come nevertheless.

Sure I put the warpaint on as usual and took a good position in second row, but I wasn't prepared to anything special. The first few songs did actually feel a bit "been there, done that", but little by little the atmosphere in the audience started to grow more excited, and I noticed I was getting in the right mood as well. Soon I was again shouting and singing my lungs out with the others.

I was happy that they played Five Hundred And One, which is one of my big favourites, as well as The Great Escape and of course Miklagard Overture. All the songs on the setlist were excellent, no complaints there!

The best part was still yet to come: when Mathias was trying to get the audience answer to his "Battle!" shout with "Metal!" in order to get to the last song of the setlist, there was other kind of calls heard from the audience instead. Shouts were rhytmic and stubborn, and more and more people joined in each time: "Hakkaa päälle, pohjan poika!" Mathias couldn't help but cut short his attempts to get the audience in the Battle Metal mood, and was forced to listen. As the shouts continued, he took a look at his band members. Everyone already knew what this meant, and the shouts in the audience grew even louder. The band had a short palaver about the situation, and wow, what a magical, thrilling moment it was, when Mathias finally crumpled the setlist paper in his hand and threw it to the audience like a ball.

I can't remember any other time that the feeling in the audience would have been as ecstatic as it was now, during the epic RRR (in the beginning of which Mathias said that we had made him very proud), and then finally during Battle Metal, for which the audience didn't need anymore encouragement for shouting!

Afterwards I was surprised to realize that this had been the best show I've seen from Turisas so far. It was also nice to meet some forum mates (especially Hardluck Woman) after the gig and then continue to a bar with a few friends.

The next day, after I had only had some 4 hours of sleep, my parents came over to my place for Easter lunch. They were worried that I have some rash - turned out that I still had red war paint stuck behind my ear! :D

Sorry for writing so long, but I'm still quite excited...

And Cari, I don't think this was something the band can never get out of anymore, as you supposed :) They made this show special for us and for themselves by choosing to listen to our shouts, but they could have just as well ignored them, and probably will many other times in the future, and that's totally fine. We just have to feel grateful about getting something extra this time :)