:(

Phlash

He Who Is Not To Be Named
Aug 16, 2006
Somewhere in Nevada
opethbanner4gx.jpg

This is what I'm feeling right now.

:OMG: :zombie: :cry: :puke: :danceboy:

Come on! I have no problem with Opeth getting bigger, but fucking Hot Topic? That's where all the emo/goth fags in my town hang out... and comparing Opeth to Slipknot seriously makes me want to cut my wrist. I'm not saying Opeth is selling out, I'm saying they're selling out to the WRONG FUCKING PLACE. THIS IS WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORLD, NOT THE FUCKING WARS!!!!!

Why does every good metal band get thrown under the same category as "goth" and "punk emo," it seriously makes me want to kill children.

a. its hilarious that you think that's real. b. its hilarious that you think that a band is more important than war (though im sure you were exaggerating, i still cant believe you even bothered exaggerating about something so stupid)

Can someone explain to me what Hot Topic is? Is it like a department store like kmart or something like that?

Its just a store that pretends they are anti-corporate and "metal" but 99% of their merchandise is from "nu-metal" bands. Its where all those Slipknot and System of a Down fans with huge cargo pants and stupid hair cuts and fake spike bracelets and necklaces who pretend they're political shop.

^ That explains it a bit, I can't think of a close European equivalent... :lol:

I dunno if it's a chain but Underground Clothing (or something like that) in the Bargate in Southampton is pretty much the same as it.

Its just a store that pretends they are anti-corporate and "metal" but 99% of their merchandise is from "nu-metal" bands. Its where all those Slipknot and System of a Down fans with huge cargo pants and stupid hair cuts and fake spike bracelets and necklaces who pretend they're political shop.

Future typical Opeth fan:
191106_hi
200885_hi

But I dunno, I wouldn't mind more Opeth fans who look like this
240695_hi

Seriosuly I dont get it. Just cause Opeth is on roadrunner doesent mean their selling out. I liked Ghost Reveries. Joke or not it is NOT cool and it should be illegal to say Opeth is on the same route as Slipknot.