Opeth goes commercial?

Schmuckatelly said:
I didn't write that. Maynard J. Keenan from the band "Tool" wrote that. And I think you're missing the point, son.
i'd like to add, that anyone who ends sentences with "son" is pathetic beyond all redemption :tickled:

Since you've all missed the point...

Don't criticize a band for "going commercial" or saying that they are "selling out." Bands don't obtain record deals without selling out in one way or another. And they had probably already sucked some cock when you first heard them back when you thought they had'nt sold out yet. So save your breath. You already paid the sellout. If being different and misunderstood is what you're after and you're soooo worried about it then start riding a unicycle naked to school wearing your corpse paint and take a daily shit in the principal's office. That'll have them wondering. But don't bitch and whine about an artist that's just doing what they want/have to do to get by.

what's wrong with riding my unicycle naked to school wearing corpse paint, and then shitting in the principal's office? i do it all the time..

SHIT, but today..instead of shitting in the office, i just jizzed in his mouth. i'll redeem myself tomorrow

evil_mats.jpg

MFN are a big lable, hence they have good distribution... very good distribution. so you can buy it in any record store. big deal. The dribbling slipknot kid's not going going to buy it because Kerrap! hasn't told him to. If he buys it anyhow then good on him, it shows he cares more about the music than the popularity.

They got a contract because Lee Barret liked them, no cock sucking involved. they moved on to Peaceville because the staff liked them again zero cock sucking. Still life did very well for a Metal album so one of snappers larger lables (MFN) offered them a better deal so that the band would be more widely distributed and better promoted. how simple do you want this to be? Most bands get on lables by the lable owner liking their stuff, I fail to see why this is brown-nosing.

Bwahahahaha! Best Off-topic EVER! :D

deliverance said:
what's wrong with riding my unicycle naked to school wearing corpse paint, and then shitting in the principal's office? i do it all the time..

SHIT, but today..instead of shitting in the office, i just jizzed in his mouth. i'll redeem myself tomorrow

evil_mats.jpg