Opeth goes commercial?

If enough people love Opeth as much as most Opeth fans do, then they will want to buy Opeth merchandise. Companies love money...they see a demand...so they want to fufill the demand. Shit, wheres your problem? You ARE the Opeth fans they were marketing to! Oh, but im sure you are one of the 'true fans'...you just subscribe to the mag...for fun.

Ahahaha its funny when people accuse a band of selling out without realising that that means that they themselves must be the sheep being sold out to....

ænimated said:
I don't know what wacky record stores you go to, but I can only ever find them in JB Hi-Fi.
HMV & Sanity stores in NSW.
fuscous said:
Hm.. well i dont think i listen to music for the wrong reasons. I dont have a problem if they will make some money. maybe i used the wrong words, its just that i dont want this wonderful secret to become known, you know..? just as FUBAR said, it's nice loving a band that some people just dont get. people are going to get them, if you understand what i mean..
thank you
Maybe you should stick to KVLT black metal.

who cares who comes to Opeth??

I've said this once before:

Slayer hasn't changed their style and has kept true to their roots since day one. So what if good charlotte fuckers like them?
IT DOES NOT MAKE THE BAND ANY LESS OF WHAT THEY ARE.

Jinn said:
who cares who comes to Opeth??

I've said this once before:

Slayer hasn't changed their style and has kept true to their roots since day one. So what if good charlotte fuckers like them?
IT DOES NOT MAKE THE BAND ANY LESS OF WHAT THEY ARE.

yea, i could barely tell the difference between show no mercy and god hates us all......:Smug: o_O

Ok, this was a secret between a friend and me. He heard some of the songs of the new Opeth cd and he says it's brutal. Period.
They're not going to make commercial music, that's for sure. Period again.

Luz said:
Ok, this was a secret between a friend and me. He heard some of the songs of the new Opeth cd and he says it's brutal. Period.
They're not going to make commercial music, that's for sure. Period again.
You're full of shit. :wave:

No babe... BELIEVE ME, it's not bullshit. At all.

Ren's Detailed Hands said:
bullshit.jpg

Face it guys... Opeth is about as big of an "underground" metal band going right now. You won't hear 'em on the radio (in the US at least), but they do have a relatively large fanbase, so of course they're gonna try to push some merch.