28 days later

WarHead

Handful of Nothing
Aug 27, 2001
Virginia
Did anyone else go see the sneak preview of this on the 13th? I thought the movie was ok.,..,the zombies were pretty cool.,,.but the movie sorta dragged on.,.,..,

I thought it was great. Second best movie of the year, after House of 1K Corpses. Excellent sound track too. Nice to see something relating to horror that doesn't use a goddamn Roadrunner soundtrack (they better not include those songs in Freddy vs. Jason). The only problem I had was the blatant stealing from Romero's Dead trilogy. First act was like Night, with a lone protagonist wandering about, oblivious and meek to their surroundings. Second act was like Dawn, with the gathering of refugees, supply hording and search for safety. Final act was like Day, with the protagonists having more to worry about than zombies (don't want to spoil anything, but uh... I probably did) and the similarities between their respective endings.

Ol' Dirty Bastard said:
The only problem I had was the blatant stealing from Romero's Dead trilogy. First act was like Night, with a lone protagonist wandering about, oblivious and meek to their surroundings. Second act was like Dawn, with the gathering of refugees, supply hording and search for safety. Final act was like Day, with the protagonists having more to worry about than zombies (don't want to spoil anything, but uh... I probably did) and the similarities between their respective endings.

Not that I've seen the movie, but I've heard it is much more similar to David Cronenberg's film Rabid (from which it lifts much of it's plot) than to the Dead trilogy :)