28 Days Later...

Dead_Lioness

Godless
May 31, 2002
Arlington, Virginia
Visit site
why oh why did i rent this movie why ?
and dont tell me you liked it, or that "it was ok" because it is by far the most dumb movie I’ve ever seen, and believe me, i watched a lot of trash movies in my life to know what a dumb movie is...

so anyways, 28 Days Later, ladies and gentlemen, what can I possibly say ?
those Zombies movies are much better than this shit, and this movie comes to you in
a “so called” quality movie package, but its nothing but a dumb zombie movie!

first of all this whole story is a complete rip off from Steven King’s – The Stand.
And when you steal someone’s idea.. it just cant be any good, u know?

Now lets see what was stupid about this movie:

1) the infected people had Rage- so how come they work together and go after the healthy people? Why wont they attack each other if they have rage ??? Zombies work together, but infected people? OH PLEASE.

2) So a bunch of hippies broke in this lab where those infected monkeys were in cages, and set them free, and this is how this whole plague started. BUT since when does a country keeps a highly risk sick animals in just a small lab down town that anybody can break into ?? where is the military ? where is the guards? Like WTF ???

3) This whole story behind that military base they found was so dumb, my god.

4) The movie took place in London, England.
It cant be.
All movies happen in Amerika.

Thankyou.

I just had to take some steam out after wasting 90 minutes of my life for nothing.

Dead_Lioness said:
It cant be.

Thankyou.

I just had to take some steam out after wasting 90 minutes of my life for nothing.
:tickled: :tickled: :tickled:

1) Didnt they need clean/fresh blood? Or something?

2) Dunno, didnt seem as important as you think. Still, those hippies can sneak past alot of things....

3) Wasnt it a house? Or am I thinking of the wrong thing...

4) Silly you, most scenes in American movies are shot in Canada.

the movie was made in England. it was written and filmed by english people. it's an in port so to speak.

Guerrilla said:
Hey you wanna watch a dumb movie? Watch Omega Doom, until you've watched it, don't complain about "dumb movies".

OMFG - Dumbest movie ever - talk about a waste of precious hours of my life - seriously, this movie was the reason i didn't think 28 days later was that bad...

also i've seen the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy - a five hour excursion that ends in "42" WTF!!! i wanted to kill the creators of both of those movies.

28 days later is a lame movie.
For a good movie go see the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre!!!!!!
BTW why is it 28 days later, not 32 days later or something?
It sounds like a movie they show you in sex ed about a woman's
menstrual cycle. And 28 days later..... it happened again. ehehe

1. It's natural to hate the different. They turn ugly and mad so that anger maked them want to hunt the non sick.

2) Yeah... Make it cliche. Not all labs are gov. funded. Most are not. Most are colleges.

3) Dumb 'cause it kicked ass? They thought they were some of the last ones in the world alive and feared that they would never get sex again. That would drive someone to act just how they did. I can't think of any movies with something like that in it.

4) Did you start thinking about how the direction, editing, acting, soundtrack, and story flowed perfect? After realising this you decided to add a stupid reason to fall back on when people appose you?

You are like the ragers. The movie is different so you want to kill it. Danny Boyale is an amazing film maker.

its an impressive movie

sure its nothing new, the plot is an amalgam of prior movies.. but it's done so tastefully well , its a fantastic homage to them

the cinematography is outstanding, as is the soundtrack (though indeed its nothing original there either, if you wanted to sound like GYBE! at least get GYBE! to score the whole thing, not just add a bit here and there)

all in all, wonderful to watch

and its not a zombie movie, but at its heart shows an incredible fondness for zombie movies of the past, so i enjoyed it

***.5 / ****

Yeah, I liked it. It's really not that similar to The Stand. It has the same idea with massive amounts of people dying, but in 28 Days Later there was always a chance that you were going to be killed by the rage people. In the Stand you were basically safe, unless you ventured west....

Chromatose said:
its an impressive movie

sure its nothing new, the plot is an amalgam of prior movies.. but it's done so tastefully well , its a fantastic homage to them

the cinematography is outstanding, as is the soundtrack (though indeed its nothing original there either, if you wanted to sound like GYBE! at least get GYBE! to score the whole thing, not just add a bit here and there)

all in all, wonderful to watch

and its not a zombie movie, but at its heart shows an incredible fondness for zombie movies of the past, so i enjoyed it

***.5 / ****

word

Dead_Lioness said:
why oh why did i rent this movie why ?
and dont tell me you liked it, or that "it was ok" because it is by far the most dumb movie I’ve ever seen, and believe me, i watched a lot of trash movies in my life to know what a dumb movie is...

so anyways, 28 Days Later, ladies and gentlemen, what can I possibly say ?
those Zombies movies are much better than this shit, and this movie comes to you in
a “so called” quality movie package, but its nothing but a dumb zombie movie!

first of all this whole story is a complete rip off from Steven King’s – The Stand.
And when you steal someone’s idea.. it just cant be any good, u know?

Now lets see what was stupid about this movie:

1) the infected people had Rage- so how come they work together and go after the healthy people? Why wont they attack each other if they have rage ??? Zombies work together, but infected people? OH PLEASE.

2) So a bunch of hippies broke in this lab where those infected monkeys were in cages, and set them free, and this is how this whole plague started. BUT since when does a country keeps a highly risk sick animals in just a small lab down town that anybody can break into ?? where is the military ? where is the guards? Like WTF ???

3) This whole story behind that military base they found was so dumb, my god.

It cant be.

Thankyou.

i dont want to rag on you, but the Stand sucked terribly, and i see very few similarities between the two movies. On the same logic you could say that the movie "Outbreak" was a ripoff of the stand.

btw i still think you are cool :D lol

well, i guess we have different taste then....

i read what you guys said, but sadly, i still think this movie sucks and was a total waste of time... oh well. cant please everybody i guess.

but im glad you like it guys.

:D

I liked the movie myself, although I do agree it could've been better. The soundtrack itself didn't impress me a whole lot (I prefer soundtracks like Braveheart, Amadeus, and QuakeIII Team Arena :) ).... but it really did fit the movie, so I can't complain. The idea of being infected with rage is kind of silly, but after a while I forgot how silly it was.

Besides, after watching Laserblast, Slacker (not to be confused with the recent comedy), Island of Death, and Dead And Rotting, nothing is too shitty. I've never seen Omega Doom, and I don't want to.

huh.

This movie has the Lioness stamp of distaste and the Squiddy seal of approval. I have no idea if I should see this or not now.

I waited until it was on video. Hmm. I think I'll still get it from netflix, but only after I get the latest batch of new releases.

Lillitu said:
huh.

This movie has the Lioness stamp of distaste and the Squiddy seal of approval. I have no idea if I should see this or not now.

me and the squid are flattered!
:lol:

i think you should watch it, maybe its just me that didnt like it, and maybe i expected too much from it. i guess if i would had 0 expectations, i might have found it somewhat amusing...
but i didnt know what to expect, and when i saw its a dumb zombie-like movie, i was disapointed. (FYI- i like those zombies movies from the 70's- 80's thats entertaining.)

even if you like this movie, you can't ignore the fact that some parts in it are dumb... like.. they are fighting the intected people, but they are using a knife and a baseball bat... gimme a break!!!!