2ch Audio Interface

schust

Oct 24, 2007
soundcloud.com
Seen a few other posts a little while back about some recommendations for simple, cheap - 2ch audio interfaces - just wondering if anybody has found anything recently they like.

i specifically need (mic pre) 1/4" to USB.

Just as a heads up as it may make a difference in your choice of interface. Look to see if the unit has phantom power - as an example the E-MU 0202 while it is a nice interface (I had one for quite some time), does not provide phantom power for condenser microphones. Of the ones listed in your message, only the PreSonus seems to have that covered. Also - as far as the Line6 stuff goes, the UX1 does not have phantom power, but the UX2 does.

How much are you looking to spend? And why not go with firewire?

I'd recommend something like the RME FF400, that way you get your 2 mic pres built in, but you can also expand later down the road with other preamps or some adat equipment.

Edit- Reread your first post, I didn't see that you had said cheap....

I'd recommend something like the RME FF400....

LOL.. looked it up for fun and just about lost lunch when i saw the price.. love to own it, just can't afford it at this time. in fact, unless i win the state lottery - not quite sure i'd ever be able to afford that one.

good tip on the phantom power too, but i do own a "fairly" nice pre (FMR RNP). i'd like to leverage using that - just need an interface. hopefully w/o pre's it would be a bit less.

LOL.. looked it up for fun and just about lost lunch when i saw the price.. love to own it, just can't afford it at this time. in fact, unless i win the state lottery - not quite sure i'd ever be able to afford that one.

good tip on the phantom power too, but i do own a "fairly" nice pre (FMR RNP). i'd like to leverage using that - just need an interface. hopefully w/o pre's it would be a bit less.

Yeah if you don't need pres, there are a ton of USB 2 interfaces under $200 that will work fine....