2nd Steve Smyth Forum Solo Contest!!!

Steve Smyth

Lead Axe
Feb 27, 2002
Earth
www.stevesmyth.com
Hey Everybody,
Yes, it's already time for another one.
Hope to see more of you enter this time! It's a sticky on my forum, right at the top, for easy viewing.Rules are laid out as well. Very simple and straight forward.
The winner of the last contest, Evil Pete, has submitted a very simple yet cool Em dirge. Very easy to solo over!
And, if you don't play guitar, you can always come over and vote, and leave comments. I am watching out for constructive_ criticism_ comments only though.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Reactions: Sanctums
And the metal shall rain like fire from the sky...

...or something equally as metal.

:headbang:

Allright everybody! The more the merrier! Come on Wolftribe, bring it!
We've got 5 entries so far, and there's still 3 1/2 days left to get one together and send it in. IT NEEDS TO BE SENT IN MP3 FORMAT W/ BACKING TRACK PLEASE! Full "rules" of the contest are at the top of that thread on my forum...:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Well, we're getting ready to close the doors on entries to this contest.
My thanks to everyone who decided to enter this time, we have 12 entries for this one!
Hope you guys will come over and check it out, and vote your fave!:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I talked to my bro about it... unfortunately he said he's staying at his gf's house in Montreal for the month and the recording stuff is at his bandmate's house in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu... But if you do more contests in the future, I'll try to warn him again. Btw, he was wondering why you had to stop playing with Nevermore. I told him you had some knee problems but honestly I wasn't so sure, I just hope I didn't give false information :D

kidney problems (kidney failure), read steve's board!
When steve is going to come back with full health we are going to see nevermore kicking extraordinaary much ass! (although they kick ass now too, but the more the better:p)

:lol: that's where my mistake was. I read kidney, but when I explained to my bro what happened I only remembered the K so I said knee

I talked to my bro about it... unfortunately he said he's staying at his gf's house in Montreal for the month and the recording stuff is at his bandmate's house in St-Jean-sur-Richelieu... But if you do more contests in the future, I'll try to warn him again. Btw, he was wondering why you had to stop playing with Nevermore. I told him you had some knee problems but honestly I wasn't so sure, I just hope I didn't give false information :D
That's cool about your brother. Next time! And yes, by the looks of the way the last contest, and this one, have turned out, we'll be having an infinite number of these solo contests on my forum.
About the health problems I have been facing, the knee was last year dude!:lol: And, much like the kidney situation before it got impossible, I was able to tour with the guys. Now it's my kidney; my only kidney, and it's pretty much gone.
read the full story at my website:www.stevesmyth.com
As a note to all forum members, and any of my band mates on here: there's news from my end on this coming soon! Stay tuned; I'll make sure the word gets out everywhere_ this time.:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Why only do guitar contest? whats up with this discrimination?
How about a singing contest? the longest scarf knitted within an hour?
the longest tail on your pet contest? The biggest arm? The fastest tongue?
The most colorful Xerox copy? The biggest bubble?
The sky is the limit Steve!!!

Ok, seriously now... I'll vote when I'll get home, and would be able to play sounds. Its actually a great idea for young guitarists!
Will, I'm in shock you're not in it! ;)

Reactions: XtremeParanoia