3 members leaving quo vadis???

You're a little harsh with the other bands dont you think, Dethklok? Sure those bands might not be up-to-par, but there are still a few bands rocking Quebec's metal scene! Kataklysm are going strong as well as Martyr, both bands which can kick some major arse! Sure they can't replace QV, but Quebecs metal scene isn't lost without them.

I agree with you though when you say that it was predictable, considering Yanic lives in the US and had his own career over there and that Forest was a session player. Same with Stephane.

But I am confident that QV will keep going strong! Bart being the main songwriter the riffs will surely be killer, I trust he will find great musicians to fill up the spots. The vocals were so-so, a change in singer will only help the band IMHO. Forest can be replaceable, he brought a lot of energy to the live shows, but didnt participate for any songs off Defiant since Steve DiGiorgio wrote and played everything for the album. Nothing was mentioned about MAG, so he should be sticking around for a while. Hopefully he can be offered a place as a permanent member, I'd love to hear what kind of riffs and solos he can pull out, great musician! On the other hand, when I read about Yanic I was saddened... I mean QV without Yanic won't be the same.

You're a little harsh with the other bands dont you think, Dethklok? Sure those bands might not be up-to-par, but there are still a few bands rocking Quebec's metal scene! Kataklysm are going strong as well as Martyr, both bands which can kick some major arse! Sure they can't replace QV, but Quebecs metal scene isn't lost without them.

A little harsh? I would characterize that response as being excessively harsh. I would love to see Quo Vadis make a return and I'm sad about what happened to the band, but that doesn't mean the whole metal scene in Montreal is going to suddenly collapse.

Don't know... As much as I love the band, I always found the vocals too monotonous, but then: singers who can actually sing on top of such busy music are few and far between.

I would love to play the bass myself; I am actually moving from Germany right to the Montreal area on August 4, so... okay, dreaming is allowed, isn't it? :)

hmm ... besides Bart ...

Blasphemer formerly of Mayhem on guitars.
Janne Saarenpää formerly of The Crown would be a kickass drummer :headbang:
and on bass ... that one's more tricky ... get Forest back :heh: