3 Shows before we leave for Europe for weeks, months, years!!

Doodoobubbachuck

Maidens' drums
Aug 2, 2002
theironmaidens.com
Now listen up!!! We have a few shows here in CA and UT before we take off to Europe for a month so come out and see us off before we go!!!! You have 3 chances!!!!

Sat March 26
The Slidebar Rock N Roll Kitchen
ALL AGES, EARLY 3:00PM FREE Show!
122 E Commonwealth Ave
Fullerton, CA 92832

Sat, April 2
Paladino's
6101 Reseda Blvd.
Tarzana, CA 91334

Sat, April 9
Leatherheads Sports BAR
12101 Factory Outlet Drive
Draper, UT 84020
801-523-1888

Then UK, Germany, Switzerland and Netherlands, here we come!
Can't wait!! We will be visiting a lot more places later this year!!

Now listen up!!! We have a few shows here in CA and UT . You have 3 chances!!!!

Sat March 26
The Slidebar Rock N Roll Kitchen
ALL AGES, EARLY 3:00PM FREE Show!
122 E Commonwealth Ave
Fullerton, CA 92832
!

Linda I'm a short drive to Fullerton, and that particular show falls on my alternating weekend. An "ALL AGES, EARLY 3:00PM FREE Show!" sounds ideal to engage my 9-year-old daughter who's struggling to find her musical niche (violin and saxophone in back-to-back years haven't proven quite as inspirational as I've hoped). Badass women wielding bass, drums and guitar might light the fire under her better than her school's music company has so far.

Since I've never been to this particular venue I was wondering: just how far is the definition of all ages stretched?

Please consider some stock responses below to calibrate my sensibilities:

a) "Oh, it's perfect for kids! We'll have a bounce house, cake and ice cream, and little stuffed Edwina dolls free for anyone under age 10."
b) "We see kids that age all the time, and it's never too young to teach them how to 'Up the Irons.'"
c) "Sometimes we see single-digit kids. It's loud, with occasional coarse language. It should be fine, but make sure she has earplugs and an escape route just in case she doesn't take to it."
d) "Ehh, you might want to hire a sitter, or go to Paladinos the week after."

For me, somewhere within b) and c) is about my sweet spot. To her credit, she's been a Rolling Stones fan since the age of six. So I have hope that she might take to TIMs. I may dust off Best of the Beast and play it for her first, just to test the waters with a primer.

Thanks and cheers
MikeyZ

Linda I'm a short drive to Fullerton, and that particular show falls on my alternating weekend. An "ALL AGES, EARLY 3:00PM FREE Show!" sounds ideal to engage my 9-year-old daughter who's struggling to find her musical niche (violin and saxophone in back-to-back years haven't proven quite as inspirational as I've hoped). Badass women wielding bass, drums and guitar might light the fire under her better than her school's music company has so far.

Since I've never been to this particular venue I was wondering: just how far is the definition of all ages stretched?

Please consider some stock responses below to calibrate my sensibilities:

a) "Oh, it's perfect for kids! We'll have a bounce house, cake and ice cream, and little stuffed Edwina dolls free for anyone under age 10."
b) "We see kids that age all the time, and it's never too young to teach them how to 'Up the Irons.'"
c) "Sometimes we see single-digit kids. It's loud, with occasional coarse language. It should be fine, but make sure she has earplugs and an escape route just in case she doesn't take to it."
d) "Ehh, you might want to hire a sitter, or go to Paladinos the week after."

For me, somewhere within b) and c) is about my sweet spot. To her credit, she's been a Rolling Stones fan since the age of six. So I have hope that she might take to TIMs. I may dust off Best of the Beast and play it for her first, just to test the waters with a primer.

Thanks and cheers
MikeyZ

LOL! YES, you nailed it with a B-C rating! Looks like we will see you both there!!!! :-D It gets crowded so get there a little early to find a good spot for your daughter so she might be able to see.

Awesome. Have some logistical hurdles yet to overcome, including an earplug training-and-comfort session with the daughter and convincing the ex to go along with it. But I recruited her classmate's dad to go, and he's up for getting his kid out of the house too. That, plus the promise of snacks at the venue, should seal the deal for us.

Is your stage call the first, or will there be others ahead of you? We can handle a short wait, but if it's excessive we'll have to come in later. Bet you're re-thinking that bounce house and stuffed Edwina dolls...

Cheers
Mike