36 Crazyfists new album - Andy care to fill us in ?

Apr 9, 2004
Hey Andy , I saw on the 36crazyfist myspace site some pictures of you .....

1010008(0).JPG

HoltSneap.jpg

any chance u could tell us if u reamped the guitars or used what they had ? and if u had used the original snare like they requested the last time for A snow capped romance ?? and if u had triggered any part of the kit

Regards
Roland

Bump... Just got this, the mix is amazing! I particularly would love to know what was used on the guitars, as it sounds double tracked, but it's such a nice, chewy tone... like a Splawn mixed with a 5150. It's amazing!

As for any reamping that may have been done, I'm curious as well. However, this is part of a news post on 36 Crazyfists' site from December 7th of last year:

I finished all the rhythm tracking as of Monday. They came out killer. We used a few different methods on the guitars. First we ran my Ibanez SZ through my Mesa, killer sound. Next we ran a 68 Tele through a Soldano T-50 for the crisp, clean hear every note sound. We also ran DI for back up and re-amping as a safety precaution. Other options ran were an SG, and a JCM 800.

hey andy,

what is your signal path for reamping?

mic - pre - converters

ok - mic is clear, but what preamp - the spider?

and were all guitars going through the krank or did you variate with another one?

please let me, us know!!

thanks a lot,

cheers,
alex

im also curious to know what pre you favour for guitars andy, i mean; i know its probably decided on a case by case scenario of what sounds best with each guitar and amp; but is there one specific pre that always does the buisness for you?

All I know is this CD sounds incredible. I can't say enough nice things about it. Amazing mix.

:worship: