.38mm plectrums..good enough for napalm death...

I much prefer sharp picks in terms of playability. A regular tortex is fine, but only lasts so long. Sharp keeps the playability for much longer. And I use about 1 mm or .88 or whatever

Plus with sharp picks you don't hear the pick. It doesn't "scrape" the string, it actually "picks" it, so you get nothing but string sound, as I've already said. They take some getting used to because they kinda "grip" the string a little on the initial attack, but after an hour or so you'll never turn back!

15-10 years ago:
107-JazzIII-big.jpg

Couple of years ago:
PP-474P303.jpg

Nowadays:
PK476-300.jpg

If they made them 5mm or moar, I'd get those :lol:
Not as extra durable as the Jazz3, but glides so much easier above the strings with it's all-round edges :)
The bigger the pick, the less pressure it needs to stay between the fingers IME
I'm thinking of poking holes into them and tying a string so they don't ocasionally fall off

Have some of the new Tortex TIII's as well as some of the Tortex Jumbo Jazz picks from InTuneGP on the way, pretty stoked. Always switching back and forth between the Tortex Jazz III and Tortex standard. Ultex sharps/Jazz III XL have the best shape but sound/feel shite compared to Tortex IMO, so both of these should work out just fine!

I swear by Dunlop Jazz III (current black version).

It's a love/hate relationship because there is something about the precision in sensations you get for lead or tech riffs, but it's shit for strumming hard chords like a beast.

For those who love the Jazz III and know well other picks : what would be an alternative which would be close to its feeling but with a better grip which would prevent it from falling if you play very hard riffs for hours ?

I found pick paradise yesterday -

t3114.jpg

Awesome pick, awesome sound and feel, no more scratchy Ultex for me. The tip on these is sooo perfect. :worship: