412 cab. worth replacing 2 v30's with gt12?

aviel

Aug 2, 2011
So bascilly i have a carvin legacy cab, it has 4 v30's. its quite bright and open, i find it doesnt have enough low end though, i find it has more 200hz where lacks some in the 100 hz area.

long story short, i've been offered to trade 2 of the V30's with 2 gt12 t-75 from a marshall 1960. i know bogner cabs got them in X pattern. anyone tried this? do you suggest to do it? :confused::confused:

Personally I wouldn't do the trade. Better off to buy a couple of T75's (you'll find them cheap on ebay) and try it out first. Then you can always go back to the V30's if you prefer them.

it might really change the sound of the cab? because i still keep 2 v30's, just mix them together,

Personally I wouldn't do the trade. Better off to buy a couple of T75's (you'll find them cheap on ebay) and try it out first. Then you can always go back to the V30's if you prefer them.

Third opinion. a couple of T75's would of course change the spectrum of the cab, but I find they're a touch too fizzy, it would obviously depend on the cab. That said, I love v30's in 2x12s.

I think g12t75 tend to sound better in a smaller cabinet because they are so scooped. Also I really dislike speaker mixed cabinets in the room. They always sound weird to my ears.

So bascilly i have a carvin legacy cab, it has 4 v30's. its quite bright and open, i find it doesnt have enough low end though, i find it has more 200hz where lacks some in the 100 hz area.

long story short, i've been offered to trade 2 of the V30's with 2 gt12 t-75 from a marshall 1960. i know bogner cabs got them in X pattern. anyone tried this? do you suggest to do it? :confused::confused:

Depends how old that Marshall cab is... I find the newer T75's are really fizzy to my ears but the older 75's from JCM800 era cabs are much smoother. I have one that I mix in a 2x12 and it's well broken in and sounds great. The 75's in an X with V30's sound great.
If that Marshall cab is new, I wouldn't do the trade. Look for 2 older 75's as noted above or 2 Greenbacks (G12M or G12H) to mix with your V30's in that Carvin cab... I have 2 V30's and 2 Greenbacks in an X in my 4x12 and it's killer!!!

i am not sure how old it is. what do you call "old" cab? i actually find my cab is a bit too fizzy but i also dont find it scooped enough, i cant get scooped "mesaish" tones out of it. i also feel like i lack some really low end.

i am not sure how old it is. what do you call "old" cab? i actually find my cab is a bit too fizzy but i also dont find it scooped enough, i cant get scooped "mesaish" tones out of it. i also feel like i lack some really low end.

If you think the cab is already too fizzy, stay away from 75's. It will only get worse. By "old" cab, I mean a cab from the JCM800 era - 80's or early 90's JCM900 cabs.
Deciding which speakers to run in your cab depends (in part) which head you are running into it. What head are you running with the cab? Greenbacks pretty much sound great with everything and would sound great mixed in your cab with V30's. That being said, you won't get piles of low end out of the cab with Greenies and V30's but it will sound fucking mint.

i use a powerball which is already a bit on the fizz side. but it lacks that mesaish low end.
i feel the cab is a bit to middy-harsh, when i would be happy if it were a little more scooped