5 Favorite Bay Area Thrash Albums?

The saYer said:
how many times have I confirmed?

bay area thrash is a style!! NOT A HOMETOWN!!!

AND ALL THE american THRASH BANDS ARE GOOD EXCEPT THE 2 craptacular m's

mteallica and megadeth, I jst can't stop trashing them.

I'd say almost all thrash.

the thrash that isn't bay area is german thrash which sounds totally different.

maybe there are other types also, but up till now, I havent heard them.

and still after this I will see someone post "um um, I thought they were from l.a. (mocking voice)"

DrillSergeant said:
In alphabetical order:
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Machine Head - Burn My Eyes
Metallica - Master Of Puppets
Slayer - Reign In Blood (make that Death Angel - Act III if you don't accept Slayer as Bay Area band)
Testament - First Strike Still Deadly (make that The Legacy if you consider my choice somewhat unfair)

off topic:

So which bands from outside would you consider as Bay Area soundalikes?

Whoopsi, I was trying to reply to the drillsargeant in the above post.
that was dumb, but not as dumb as you know what. :)

Thrash and Thrash Metal aren't the same, Heresy & Cryptic Slaughter would be Thrash, but not Thrash Metal.

New York thrash metal is pretty different than bay area, its more hardcore edged like Nuclear Assault, Carnivore and Leeway.

Also there's crossover thrash like D.R.I., Gang Green, The Accused and COC.

The saYer said:
I'd say almost all thrash.

By the phrase "almost all thrash" you mean Thrash of North American origin, right? So you'd include the L.A. bands, Sacred Reich, the Flots, Over Kill, Anthrax, Nuclear Assault and Canadians like Annihilator or Dyoxen. But what about bands like Exhorder or Demolition Hammer? I don't think those fit in the Bay Area style but still are American bands.
Btw don't you think that there are some bands worth mentioning from outside the U.S. and Germany? Just take a look at the U.K. and Brazil! Oh, and have you ever heard of the Russian band Kruiz?

I mean you guys are responding your own questions.
I told you it had to do with style. Now you are talking about styles and not about hometowns anymore.

1. Testament-New Order
2. Forbidden-Twisted Into Form +3 unreleased Twisted Era tracks
3. Vio-Lence- Eternal Nightmare/Oppressing the Masses -TIE
4. Heathen- Victims of Deception
5. Vicious Rumors- Vicious Rumors
6. Exodus Bonded By Blood/Another Lesson in Violence -TIE

Honorable Mentions: Metallica Master of Puppets
Laaz Rockit-Annihilation Principle

The saYer said:
ok, its hard to explain, but you should understand that slayer is bay area thrash at least, am I right?
Hmmm... I'd say they were in the beginning. I know, most people would disagree on this but I think Slayer were pure Thrash on their debut, developed their own brand of Death/Thrash on Hell Awaits, designed the blueprint for any future Death Metal album with Reign In Blood, shifted back to a refined, slo-mo version of their Hell Awaits style on South Of Heaven, summed everything up with Seasons In The Abyss, ran short on ideas on Divine Intervention, took a creative break with Undisputed Attitude and moved on to become a modern Thrash band with their latest two outputs. I'd agree on the term Bay Area only on their first five records. Decade Of Aggression really marked a change in their history. Don't get me wrong, I do like their latest album. Here Comes The Pain, Payback or Disciple are killer tracks. But I wouldn't consider them being Bay Area style.