5 reasons why glam is better than mallcore

The saYer

thrashermetaller
Aug 17, 2003
bay area
Visit site
the biggest metal names (I'm am not talking qualitywise of course) are these.
but glam always has at least a bit of respect from the metallers in other cases alot.
here are 5 reasons why I think so.

1.) glam had early rock influence while mallcore had rap and hiphop influences.
2.)glam was that, glam metal, while mallcore tries to call itself new metal to keep the real metal underground.
3.)the glam artists could actually play their instruments.
4.) lyrical concept wasn't so cliche and depressingly annoying.
5.) glam was commercial, but mallcore is now commercialcore.

you guys have any other reasons?

6.) Glam rockers had long hair
7.) Glam rockers were hot looking guys
8.) Glam rockers wrote great ballads
9.) Glam rockers wore tight jeans
10.) Glam rockers had good makeup skills

kittybeast said:

#6 and # 8 I'm with ya. #7 and #9 I can understand being a point-of-view thingy. #10 though, wellll, uhhhhm, yeah I guess so but I think that's a point for the other team. :D

kittybeast said:

All of these other than the long hair one are reasons think they are fags ... not that there's anything wrong with that :Smug:

ZoMb!M@N said:
All of these other than the long hair one are reasons think they are fags ... not that there's anything wrong with that :Smug:

Just because you have a d*** in your mouth doesn't mean your gay! :tickled: :tickled: (speaking in general...not directed towards anyone)

Wyvern said:
Pics, pics! :loco:

:oops:

Well Kittybeast and I will be attending Gigantour this weekend... I am sure we'll have lot's to post as well as pics :) :wave:

ZoMb!M@N said:

I can't imagine them not being, not that there is anything wrong like you said though

11) Glam Rockers had better album covers
12) Glam Rockers had less daddy issues
13) You could have decent discussions on Glam Rockers
14) Glam Rockers never scratched vinyls
15) Glam Rockers wore their undies UNDERNEATH their pants.

JonnyD said:
hahah the Lyrical concept was just as Cliche!!! ... one I will add is the glam bands new how to ROCK atleast there is nothing Rocking about Mallcore

You stole my thunder there JD. I agree with the other reasons, but most glam rockers weren't lyrical geniuses.

Bryant

JonnyD said:
Hey Man Great Minds think alike right?!? :D

I hate to say it because for all practical purposes (less very old-school stuff like RunDMC and Beastie Boys etc.) I HATE rap, but some rap has some VERY clever lyrics. Don't get me wrong... that's not hard to do. As a rap "artist" you don't have to worry about your vocal skills and your bandmates because there is no band, so all you have to concentrate on is lyric and rythm.

Bryant

Bryant said:
I hate to say it because for all practical purposes (less very old-school stuff like RunDMC and Beastie Boys etc.) I HATE rap, but some rap has some VERY clever lyrics. Don't get me wrong... that's not hard to do. As a rap "artist" you don't have to worry about your vocal skills and your bandmates because there is no band, so all you have to concentrate on is lyric and rythm.

Bryant

Your right!!!! But alas I fucking hate rap always have and prolly always will .... But I dont see anything innovative about rap since Humans have been rhyming for centuries :D