131 ways to tell if you are a mallcore kid

HannibalGuy said:
114. When someone mentions grind, all you can think of is Anal Cunt.

How the hell would a mallcore kid even know who Anal Cunt is?
Through Pantera... Seth Putnam did a few backup vocals on 'The Great Southern Trendkill'

Alright, first off, I'd rather go eat some lead paint before reading that entire list. Secondly, they sell Devin Townsend, Ulver, Arcturus, Bethlehem, My Dying Bride, Aborted, ect.. at the mall here, so saying "mallcore" is fucking stupid. And third, whoever wrote that sure does seem to know A LOT about this "nu-metal" scene.

Also, how old is that fucking thing? I saw Nintendo 64 and Orgy mentioned in there.

Lord Ilpalazzo said:
Alright, first off, I'd rather go eat some lead paint before reading that entire list. Secondly, they sell Devin Townsend, Ulver, Arcturus, Bethlehem, My Dying Bride, Aborted, ect.. at the mall here, so saying "mallcore" is fucking stupid. And third, whoever wrote that sure does seem to know A LOT about this "nu-metal" scene.

Also, how old is that fucking thing? I saw Nintendo 64 and Orgy mentioned in there.

Well I always think the term mallcore applies to a bunch of preppy dudes that like hanging out in the mall for fun because its loads of "fun". Depending on the size of the music store. Metal can easily be found. :Smug:

Some of that was funny because I know people like that but I think it was really lame how they tried to slag off Pantera as being trendy. Yes they were hair metal and they ripped off Exhorder on Cowboys From Hell but after that they just stuck to being modern metal. I bet they're slagging them off just because they were a big band in the 90s and they have some nu-metal fans.

I have a few traits on the list, like owning a skateboard, and stuff, but some of it's hilarious, and to think i know a bunch of people who seriously are like that.

I go to the mall sometimes, but hey fye has had some good deals(Cattle Decapitation's to serve man - $10) and if i bothered looking around there next time i go i bet i could find other good music for cheap prices, the only bands that are death/melo-death that would be as pricey as normal CDs are Cannibal corpse, In Flames, Six Feet Under, Arch Enemy, the bands that are now becoming mainstream hits. Hell i heard Cannibal Corpse has sold over 1 million albums all together, compared to death metal standards that's a pretty huge feat is it not?

Anyways, it's entertaining, kinda stereotypical but it's not meant to be taken seriously. Oh and credits go to ultimate-guitar.com

I found alot of them funny but the only one that really made me laugh out loud was...

52. You think Stormwitch, Anvil, Destruction and Blood Feast are new games for N64.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I can picture talking to some nu metal idiot saying do you know about Bloodfest and Destruction? "Oh yeah in Bloodfest im on level 6 and beat the whole game of Destruction"!

The one about sitting through Enuff Z Nuff, Extreme, White Lion to see a Kreator video was awesome too.

THRASH TILL DEATH!

"06. You think "Eighties Metal" refers to Motley Crue, Bon Jovi, and Poison."

Too bad there was an awesome German metal band called Poison, who began and ended before the glam one.

Really cliched list that isnt nearly as funny as the black or power metal lists, seeing as those were made by insiders most likley- to laugh at thier selves. This was made for someone who is too stupid to realize the whole nu metal thing has been over for a few years now, but is so addicted to bashing nu metal they can't except it. Seriously this stuff is so old.

crimsonfloyd said:
Really cliched list that isnt nearly as funny as the black or power metal lists, seeing as those were made by insiders most likley- to laugh at thier selves. This was made for someone who is too stupid to realize the whole nu metal thing has been over for a few years now, but is so addicted to bashing nu metal they can't except it. Seriously this stuff is so old.

When did Nu-Metal officially die? I dont watch mtv, listen to the radio (except for talk radio), and I'm not in highschool. So I don't know today's trends? What do nu-metal kids listen to nowadays?

AllWithinMyMonster said:
When did Nu-Metal officially die? I dont watch mtv, listen to the radio (except for talk radio), and I'm not in highschool. So I don't know today's trends? What do nu-metal kids listen to nowadays?
metalcore, hardcore and emo

Nekrophilic said:
metalcore, hardcore and emo
Call us 'behind the times', but Australia is still infected with nu-metal. These three genres that you stated, I'd never haerd of before reading about them on this board. Sounds like something to fear though...

I think at most i said yes to 12 of the 131 on that list. yeh i wear jnco's, yes fear factory last album was actually better then there last 2.