25 ways to know you are a newb/poseur/or just plain ignorant about metal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the stupidest shit I've ever read. "noob", "not noob"... What the fuck is wrong with you people? "mallcore"???????
It's so fucking gay to come up with judgemental little lists like this, only makes you look like a total "mallcore" faggot. That's not what metal is about.
P.S. Lemmy isn't god. He's just a drunken wild old man with a Rickenbacker.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
They didn't sell out. I honestly don't hear anything different about them besides production.

SO there is no difference between orchid and damnation, between morningrise and delivernace then :erk:

Danallica said:
SO there is no difference between orchid and damnation, between morningrise and delivernace then :erk:

Production:) And it isn't selling out for they made themselves sound better while it was the same music. Trust no matter what Opeth does there never gonna get a lot of money so why play something gay. Damnation was kickass, so was deliverance. I'm sick of people who don't like Opeth because they have reached out to a larger audience and developed their sound. I'm proud to be an Opeth fan boi.:loco:

Danallica said:

Im too biased to post anything related to me liking Opeth, but yes, Opeth is very different on Orchid and Morningrise, almost like different bands from any of their other work, even Still Life and MAYH.

Old Opeth = Gothenburg
Opeth starting MAYH = not Gothenburg

They stopped doing that and delved into a lot more progressive concepts. Call that selling out if you will, but I'd rather them do that than release Morningrise 12 more times. I'd like bands to you know, evolve and progress, not stick in the same sound rut and sound generic and rehashed. Pink Floyd can't release Wish you Were Here on every release they make or it wouldn't be in the special place its in.

Sure, Ghost Reveries isn't Opeth's finest work, but they haven't sold out, just more people have heard about them and they have a major record label now rather than a no-name label. They make music for money like any band does, to say you don't want any compensation is fucking bullshit. However to say they "sold out" and lack any art form is ridiculous.

OpethGuitarist said:
Im too biased to post anything related to me liking Opeth, but yes, Opeth is very different on Orchid and Morningrise, almost like different bands from any of their other work, even Still Life and MAYH.

Old Opeth = Gothenburg
Opeth starting MAYH = not Gothenburg

They stopped doing that and delved into a lot more progressive concepts. Call that selling out if you will, but I'd rather them do that than release Morningrise 12 more times. I'd like bands to you know, evolve and progress, not stick in the same sound rut and sound generic and rehashed. Pink Floyd can't release Wish you Were Here on every release they make or it wouldn't be in the special place its in.

Sure, Ghost Reveries isn't Opeth's finest work, but they haven't sold out, just more people have heard about them and they have a major record label now rather than a no-name label. They make music for money like any band does, to say you don't want any compensation is fucking bullshit. However to say they "sold out" and lack any art form is ridiculous.

Agreed, but the Gothenburg sound is a little stupid. They never had a Gothenburg sound, I hate that desciption.

I guess Erik can't delete people. He just has mod power for threads/posts.

I was referring to their early stuff which occasionally does sound like black metal vocals. The vocals for their later stuff doesn't sound anything like black metal vocals.

dEaThToFaLsEmEtAl34 said:
I was referring to their early stuff which occasionally does sound like black metal vocals. The vocals for their later stuff doesn't sound anything like black metal vocals.

Um the vocals have stayed the same on every album.

Status
Not open for further replies.