Soulfly are a Death Metal band

MURAI said:
1) Rejoin Sepultura again.
2) Start making thrash metal with Soulfly and just quit the nu-metal.
3) Quit music.
This late in Max's career & given that he's lacking in the testasterone department. I think he should go with #3. He's been feminized by that bitch manager she/male wife of his...:p
Sorry, Murai that's straight from the Swine's mouth.

Profånity said:
Jump Da **ck up is my favorite on that album.
Jump Da Fuck Up is the most nu-metal song they ever put out! And what's the point of censoring the f-word like this: **ck
Why not just censor the whole song altogether?

hornet said:
Ah, more of Profanity and his pointless ramblings....

I'd suggest a) he reads some Soulfly lyrics, then b) looks up nihilism in a dictionary.

Failing that, how about c) shut up

:tickled::tickled::loco: Exacly what was needed to say!
Soulfly is pathetic and doesn´t belong to a MUSIC-discussion forum!

Besides the albums are dedicated to the christian god!!! I don´t think that very nihilistic... Hehehe... Max is christian AND plays nu-metal... How low can you decent???

I dont really like Soulfly, they are heavy enough, but they arent death metal. '3' has got to be one of the most boring albums Ive had to listen too actually. It just goes on and on.

This late in Max's career & given that he's lacking in the testasterone department. I think he should go with #3. He's been feminized by that bitch manager she/male wife of his...:p
Sorry, Murai that's straight from the Swine's mouth.

That's harsh man. Max have been doing great with his wife Gloria as a manager in Sepultura. Dont blame it on her now.

Profånity said:
Death Metal is about growls, tremelo strummed powerchords, lyrics about Death, lyrics about anti rules and is very heavy music.

All 4 of those things Soulfly has.
Slipknot has that, and even more drumming to go along with it, but that doesnt make them death metal.

Profånity said:
Death Metal is about growls, tremelo strummed powerchords, lyrics about Death, lyrics about anti rules and is very heavy music.

All 4 of those things Soulfly has.

Just shut up, please? You give the impression of someone trying to know what he's talking about, but you really haven't got a clue. One minute you're claiming Judas Priest are a death metal band, now you're saying one of the key requirements is "growling", which Judas Priest have in abundance, don't they. "Anti-rules" lyrics? Suppose that makes punk and hardcore bands death meta now as well. Soulfly are not, never have been and never will be a death metal band - will you please just stop posting attention seeking pointless drivel? I just logged on a minute ago, and your name is on 90% of the threads on the front page as last reply....quit posting crap.

We've already lost the Maiden GC BB thanks to people spamming the fuck out of it and causing arguments, and I'm sure the regulars here are just over the fucking moon to see the quality of post people like yourself are bringing to the forum.

Reactions: C-Taylor
-Galaxy 500- said:
You=Dumbass

Soulfly is not Death Metal. The lyrics are mostly spiritual. I like Soulfly but they aren't Death Metal and they aren't Nihilistic.

Yeah, right! Soulfly are really cool, but it isn't death metal band. Shit, did you even read the lyrics?! Cavalera dids his best to uphold and strengthen listener's spirit, he really fights with "politricks", wars and other shit.