Will you still listen to metal when you are older?

Status
Not open for further replies.

albie633

harman
Nov 13, 2002
Visit site
Metal is a genre for teenagers and some people under 25. It is angry and reflects teen angst. Will any of you listen to metal when you get past 25? You will not be angry by then and even if you are you will be mature. Do you know anyone who listens to metal that is past 25? I love metal now but I know I wount listen to it when I get past 25. I will not be angry anymore and I will be mature. If I am still into music I will probably listen to some bands like Phish or something that have real talent. Lets be honest metal bands dont have any real musicianship and the only reason we youngsters like them is because they feed our feelings of youthful rage.

i'm 23 and i don't listen to metal because i'm mad, i listen because the bands i like do have "real" musicianship.
its a fact i have rarely listen to metal this days simple because i can't find anything new and exciting, so i try to find that stuff in other styles, right now i'm exploring the modern composers.:)
but yeh i propably won't listen to much metal when i'm like 30, but i'm pretty sure i will always love my fave bands like carcass,emperor, death etc...

Disturbed4ntics said:
You are referring to Nu-Metal, not real Metal.

Leave this fucking board, you homosexual piece of shit.

Actually no im not. Im referring to black death and thrash metal.

YOU shut up.

Why are you talking about homos? Why are you so fixated on them? Looks like SOMEONE is hiding something.

None_So_Vile said:
that post is even more retarded than my posts

Were you referring to my post?

Sorry, I keep forgetting this board is full of 20+ year old "intellectuals" that prefer it if I use "big words" to insult people. I am truly sorry.

I've never been angry or angsty, I enjoy the music because it is beautiful. My dad is 41 and he listens to metal. Even brutal black metal. My mum is 49 and she listens to metal. They aren't angry. Please just be quiet, you're an utter idiot.

The lad does have a point, can you picture yourself as a 70 year old with a zimmerframe and about thirty cats, still listening to Opeth etc?

I hope this will be the case, as I genuinly love the music I listen to, and I can't see myself ever falling out of love with it. But I am just a teenager, and teenage love is a very fickle thing. A lot of the music i listen to is an outlet for my emotions, as a teenager i have a lot of crazy feeling kicking around in my head. but as i mature they will (hopefully) dissapear, and i may not listen to said music anymore.

or if my political views change (unlikely, but you never know) then i might stop listening to SOAD and the manic street preachers.

My point is, your taste in music will change throughout your life (ill bet you didnt always like metal), so don't throw his point right out of the window.

hmm, I hope I made sense there. I know what I mean

albie633 said:
I fail to see how my post is retarded. There has never been a metal fan over 25. I'll bet EVERYONE on this borad is 12 to 25.

Well, I'll take that bet. I'm 32 and have a pretty large metal collection. 1100 CD's, 100 records, and about 200 tapes. I've been listening to metal for about 18 years now and I see no signs of turning back. I'm not an angry person either. I have a career and most of the shit people my age should have but you know what? Metal fuels me. There are times when I don't listen to it but I'm talking hours, not days or months. I do not see myself listening to anything else in the future and get as excited and any "hate filled 17 year old" when Zyklon or Opeth or Dimmu are about to release a new album. Careful with the generalizations. I'm not the only geezer lurking about on this board...

I'm already 24 and I'm getting more and more into prog rock and classical music and at the same time I'm somehow losing interest in very aggressive stuff like Meshuggah. melodies are more important to me now, but fortunately there are many great bands that put out beautiful melodic stuff while having a heavy sound. after all, there are not many things that are better than some nice metal riff or solo! ;)

...and saying that metal has no real musicianship is just stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.