Do you listen to metal and only metal?

In terms of what I listen to own my own (ie, the CDs I pop into my CD player or diskman), yes, I only listen to metal. However, I do kinda like, and definitely tolerate, stuff from other genres. I even play in a non metal band with a friend of mine, but my guitar riffing is definitely metal influenced (lots of palm muting and distortion and so forth).

Grunge.
Alternative. (as in Red Hot Chili Peppers and Incubus.)
Classical when I can get my hands on it. Which is rare.
Classic rock.
Bitchy rock (The Postal Service, etc. Don't know the actual name of the genre. Great for falling asleep, mix that and Opeth ballads and I'm out and having dreams for once.)

I like other genres of music but I can't consistantly listen to them like I can Metal. However, bands like Alice In Chains and The Misfits are some of my favorites despite not being Metal.

GlennDanzig-AquaTeenHungerForce.jpg

"Danzig... Motherfucker!"

I listen to alot of metal, mainly Doom and Thrash but I also listen to Blues, Classic Rock, some Hip Hop (more of my local underground scene than anything), Punk and Alternative. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and Killing Joke are amongst some of my favorites currently.

I mainly listen to metal.My fav is Black metal.I also like other genres too.But I relly don't get Power & not into that much prog too.
Besides metal I listen to a lot of Punk & prog rock(specially pink floyd).I also listen to some hard rock or classic rock.

The first song I ever truly liked was Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful People. This was 1996 and I was an innocent 9 year old and I wasn't even really into music at all and probably liked about two songs at that point. At the time I thought that was heavy metal and that I was on my way to becoming a real "metalhead" ...maybe it wasn't accurate at the time, but I had found music that interested me and so I began my gradual and inevitable path towards Metal.

The first song I ever truly liked was Marilyn Manson's "The Beautiful People. This was 1996 and I was an innocent 9 year old and I wasn't even really into music at all and probably liked about two songs at that point. At the time I thought that was heavy metal and that I was on my way to becoming a real "metalhead" ...maybe it wasn't accurate at the time, but I had found music that interested me and so I began my gradual and inevitable path towards Metal.

I liked that song initially myself but it grew old quickly.

I liked that song initially myself but it grew old quickly.

I can agree with that, it's still a song I like but there are far better songs found in say Antichrist Superstar or Mechanical Animals albums, other than those 'hit' singles which is partially why I got tired of the song for a while.