How Do You Listen to Metal?

at home and at work i listen through speakers to random songs. i'll listen to parts of albums usually in the car. i don't even remember the last time i used headphones.

I tend to do my most enjoyed music listening whilst driving in my car.
Otherwise at home, off the computer/xbox.

I usually have the urgency for 'overkill' and will repeatedly play my favourite album of the time. Then find another to consume.

Personified Hatred said:
I clarified that it's IN MY OPINION...

Your opinion ignores the fact the headphones make audible subtle nuances of the music you are listening to that you could never hear on any speakers, regardless of the quality of those speakers. The clarity of headphones is undeniably far superior. However, nothing compares the bowel shaking bass of a good set of loudspeakers.

The only time I don't listen to albums is when its the odd random song I have liked from a band (e.g. bands like Fugazi, which have produced mountains of shit and like 2 good songs). I've done that maybe a dozen times in the last couple of years I think.

I probably listen to most of my music through either my computer, or stereo when I'm in bed (as will be done in about 20mins).

I sometimes listen to music at work, but due to the fact that I work at client sites, I can't typically do it, because it looks unprofessional. Therefore, I listen to most music at night after work and on the weekends when I'm not stuffing about elsewhere.

1) How do you listen to metal most of the time? At work, on the go, in your car, or at home? Do you normally use headphones or speakers? On the go and at home. Headphones and speakers.

2) Do you tend to listen to consecutive albums as a whole or do you mix up your favorite songs with mix cd's or mp3 shuffle functions? I do both.

Zephyrus said:
Two part question.

1) How do you listen to metal most of the time? At work, on the go, in your car, or at home? Do you normally use headphones or speakers?

2) Do you tend to listen to consecutive albums as a whole or do you mix up your favorite songs with mix cd's or mp3 shuffle functions?
1. I listen to metal at home and on my way to and from work (I walk). I use my stereo while I'm at home, and my mp3 player everywhere else.
2. I pretty much always listen to entire albums at a time.

Mostly at home on winamp or media player through headphones, or at my partners house on his sound system.

At my partners, whole albums. At home, it depends on my mood. Mostly on shuffle but if new albums or in the mood for one band, whole albums.