50 worst things to happen to music.

I was excepting some Metal bashing, but was surprised that there really wasn't any. The author is apparently an older person (40s-50s) with a taste for older hard rock/metal, as evidenced with his comments toward Uriah Heep (nostalgia), Van Halen, AC/DC, Guns N Roses, etc.

Some of the worst things to happen to music were all forms of Jazz and Soprano Saxophone?

[comic book guy from Simpsons voice] Worst list ever! [/comic book guy from Simpsons voice]

I just found the comment about the Sgt Peppers album leading way to concept albums as a bad thing quite funny. Especially when their #1 album on the 2006 top 50 list was My Chemical Romance's The Black Pirade, with a little mention of that album having an influence on it.

Worst things to ever happen to music

1. (C)rap
2. "Alternative" music (Nirvana, STP, etc.)
3. NuMetal & Metalcore
4. "modern" Country (most anything in the last 15 years)
5. Fake boy bands (98 Degrees, N Stink, etc.)
6. Young women who can't sing (Jessica & Ashlee Simpson, Hilary Duff, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera, etc.)
7. #32 on the list (VH hires Gary Cherone)
8. #37 on the list

Can't think of a 9 or 10 right now. Might edit this post later..

Worst things to ever happen to music

1. (C)rap
2. "Alternative" music (Nirvana, STP, etc.)
3. NuMetal & Metalcore
4. "modern" Country (most anything in the last 15 years)
5. Fake boy bands (98 Degrees, N Stink, etc.)
6. Young women who can't sing (Jessica & Ashlee Simpson, Hilary Duff, Gwen Stefani, Christina Aguilera, etc.)
7. #32 on the list (VH hires Gary Cherone)
8. #37 on the list

Can't think of a 9 or 10 right now. Might edit this post later..

you are really open-minded, hum?

Jessica Simpson and Chistina Aguilera can't sing? Gwen Stefani isn't bad either..

Wow... just wow...

It's one thing to say you don't like the style of music one does, but you absolutely HAVE to be able to see that the person has talent. And what you said about "Christina Aguilera" not being able to sing, may as well be one of the stupidest things I heard today... No offense.

It's hard to get past 50... Is there anything more ironic and pretentious than some dolt calling progressive rock pretentious?

And Electric Violins Rule!!

But there definitely is some funny stuff there.

Wow... just wow...

It's one thing to say you don't like the style of music one does, but you absolutely HAVE to be able to see that the person has talent. And what you said about "Christina Aguilera" not being able to sing, may as well be one of the stupidest things I heard today... No offense.

OK, maybe Christina was a stretch. She does have a good vocal range. But I still think that Hilary and Ashlee should have their mouths duct taped shut. Neither can sing without fancy studio work.

Point being is that modern "mainstream" music puts out talentless crap all the time. I'm so glad that I switched to power and progressive metal.