5150 cab = bad recorded tone?

I got 75W celestions 1960A and B, and a Peavey VTM? cab with 80 watt celestions. I was dumb, the only reason I sold him that one, it didn't have any casters, can't roll it! He really needed something! Still doesn't roll! Anyway, like a said, what are friends for!:rolleyes:

Can anyone confirm the use of 5150 cabs on Wages of Sin and Dance of Death or post some sources? Or is that just rumour? As far as I know on Dance of Death Janick played his solos with a 5150 through a Marshall Cab (this info can be found on the kevin shirley homepage).

Gnash said:
Watched the whole DVD again!:kickass:
Peavey cabs!

Sorry this is OT but how is Anders in the DVD? he sucked pretty bad in a live thing that came with STYE. I hope he's better on that DVD cause it'd be really awesome if he's good. :)

Watched the whole DVD again!
Peavey cabs!

Rumour has it that EVH played 5150 cabs all the time but they were loaded with celestion greenbacks....unfortunately I dont know the source anymore so take that with a grain of salt. Might be the same with In Flames....

i highly recommend if any of you get a chance, to try out any high gain head with an orange cab. They are incredible. Seriously. I can vouch for 5150s dual recs, engls, and marshalls all sounding the best they ever have for me through this thing.

Sinister Mephisto said:
Sorry this is OT but how is Anders in the DVD? he sucked pretty bad in a live thing that came with STYE. I hope he's better on that DVD cause it'd be really awesome if he's good. :)

Oh man, this DVD is fucking phennomenal! I've watched it with people who have never listened to In Flames, and loved the audio and film quality. I mean Stellar! The Sticky Fingers show is great! It's cool to see the hometown crowd getting into every note! I'm not gonna rip on Anders, it's live ya know. His performance is great!

GuitarMaestro said:
Rumour has it that EVH played 5150 cabs all the time but they were loaded with celestion greenbacks....unfortunately I dont know the source anymore so take that with a grain of salt. Might be the same with In Flames....

Yeah, I can't imagine, with the kind of resources that Eddie has, not having something else loaded in there. Matt Bruck is awesome too! Those speakers were advertised as "voiced specifically for Eddie". So I don't know.

Gnash said:
Oh man, this DVD is fucking phennomenal! I've watched it with people who have never listened to In Flames, and loved the audio and film quality. I mean Stellar! The Sticky Fingers show is great! It's cool to see the hometown crowd getting into every note! I'm not gonna rip on Anders, it's live ya know. His performance is great!

Cool. I figured it was just that one show. (Wacken actually) because when I saw them live he was good. I'll go get it soon. Thanks!

EDIT: Just got it, it is indeed, a rockin DVD and Anders does quite well. :D

ApolloSpeed said:
Solution:

take out two of the sheffields....... and then.....

two V30's in an X Pattern in your 5150 cab.

the end.

:Smokin:

WMD.........

486654944_l.jpg