5150 Clip

dawnofadreamx97

Music is Life...
Alright Heres a very quick clip of my 5150 I just picked up...it's a signature series, with a marshall cab with celestion g12-75 watters... they seem to sound the best so far with the 5150

http://www.sicksdeep.com/5150clip.mp3

This was recorded On a boss br1600 with one sm57 and one e609, 4 tracks total... 1) panned hard left, 1) hard right, 1) 70 % left, 1) 70% right

I plugged strait into the hi gain input, guitar was a fender showmaster with a duncan distortion bridge pickup. try to guess which side is which mic....

enjoy!

ps - it's just meant for tone purpouses not performance hahah:headbang:

dawnofadreamx97 said:
I plugged strait into the hi gain input, guitar was a fender showmaster with a duncan distortion bridge pickup. try to guess which side is which mic....

Hard to say with this messed mp3, but I guess sm57 left, sennheiser right. Left sounds a little bit more fizzy and right has some better defined Low Mids.

Am I right?:loco:

Niels

Niels said:
Hard to say with this messed mp3, but I guess sm57 left, sennheiser right. Left sounds a little bit more fizzy and right has some better defined Low Mids.

Am I right?:loco:

Niels

sorry for the chopped up clips it was my first try using audacity lol .... the 57 is actually on the right and the 609 on the left....

dawnofadreamx97 said:
sorry for the chopped up clips it was my first try using audacity lol .... the 57 is actually on the right and the 609 on the left....

Impossible! That was my first thought. I used the sm57 so often...

...so I checked my equipment and finally found the mistake: a few days ago I reconnected a lot of my stuff and I swapped the channels from the soundcard to the monitors. Shame on me!!!:cry:

At least I still can trust my ears!:cool:

Niels

dawnofadream - do yourself a favor and download iTunes for free. It's for Mac and PC. It has a really good wav->mp3 converter that you can select bitrates for. All the way to 320kbps and anything below. :)

~006