5150 combined with a pod?!

hogan666

Mar 7, 2006
Mannheim, Germany
www.liquid-artz.com
Hi,

right now I'm playing the 5150's rhythm channel as my main distortion sound.
Like a few guys here too I'm very addicted to thie sound. :headbang:

My problem is, that I need a good clean sound, which the 5150 doesn't delivers to me. I also need a bit of delay for a few sounds.

At the last practice session, I lent my friends pod 2.0 which sounded great for clean sounds, but the lead sound couldn't beat the 5150.
Fact is, that I could use the pod and it's fx only for clean sound. But this too expensive for that little use.

Otherwise I could by a few pedals or a G-Major for fx, but then I'll still miss the clean channel. :erk:

D'you guys have any suggestions for me?

Cheers, Markus.

P.S.: No. I won't use the lead channel for lead and the rhythm for clean.
Doesn't work for me :)

by an eq pedal and drop th level on it for a clean sound and buy a delay pedal
works ok for me

You could use a "loop switch" so you can switch between the internal preamp and an external:
Code:
                       --> (Amps In) --- (Amps Send) <--
(Guitar) <-> (Switch)                                     (Switch) <---> (Amps Return)
                        -->  (Pre In) ---- (Pre Out)  <---
Then you need a decent clean preamp .. maybe a modeler like a POD or a 19" Rack Pre... dunno

Or you can just put the vol back on the guitar (using the vol pot or a "vol box") to get a clean sound if this works for you!

Basically what would work best for you us a BOSS GT-3 or GT-5 or GT-6, any one of those with an FX loop will work.

Plug your guitar into the GT, GT FX send to the 5150's input, 5150's FX send to the GT's FX return, GT's output to the 5150's FX return.

Then, set up your patches on the GT-6 - with the loop engaged, the 5150's preamp will be active, thus you will have distortion. With the loop off, you bypass the 5150's pre, and use the GT-6 as your preamp, through the 5150's poweramp.

sorceron said:
also in flames

I just saw them about a week ago for the first time and they sounded fucking amazing live. I've been asking around what they used since. I couldn't really see anything except the 5150 head. Thanks man. You know anything else they use live? I saw them at the sounds of the underground tour and their live sound was the best there by far.

As it was already said: 5150 + Peavey 4x12" cab + POD for cleans (straight to PA afaik). Both of them have got a HUSH Super C Noisegate and Bj&#246;rn used a Wah recently. That's it.