5150 Preamp/FX Loop Out Clip?

grywolf627

Mar 16, 2006
Houston, TX
Guys, I'm in need of some help here. I'm wanting to try the technique a few people have done here of applying a CurveEQ of a 5150 (no cab or impulses...just that nasty, fizzy stuff) to the Wagner Sharp Or Revalver before going to GuitarHack's impulses. I've got Daunt's CurveEQ patches already. The problem is, I don't have CurveEQ and can't afford it just yet, which leaves me having to use my old FreeFilter for now. :erk:

Can someone either point me to a link in a thread where I can find a raw 5150clip, or be kind enough to post one? I've already spent so much time searching on here that I'm getting cross-eyed.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys! :kickass:

It will basically analyze the frequency response of a source (in this case the direct output of a 5150), generate an EQ curve, then analyze your destination sound (the Wagner Sharp), and try to make its frequency response match the source's curve. I've been doing this with guitar sounds from mixed music for a while, and it CAN do okay. But I've heard the results of a few people on here try it this way... matching the sound of a 5150 (or whatever amp) before it hits the speaker...then running into speaker impulses, and then curve matching again to a great (but similar) guitar sound from a song. The results I heard were phenomonal. It seems to really make a difference matching that preamp/fx loop out sound first. (hope the explanation makes sense)

Frankzappa, Daunt, or anyone else that's been playing with this...can you help a brother out? (if not asking too much)

Thanks everyone!

Thanks jhakwe! Got the clips. You're the man! Perfect timing too. Just getting ready to sit down and start mixing part of my project. Thanks again! :worship:kickass: