Nick Crow's 5150?

When Catharsis did some reamps for me he ran Wagner Sharp in through his power amp into the OS cab alongside some 5150 and ENGL e530 reamps and in that instance the Wagner actually beat the tone of the 5150...

The weak link in Nick's stuff isn't his preamp simulation, but the lack of a real power amp and cab... that's all. I was astounded to say the least.

When Catharsis did some reamps for me he ran Wagner Sharp in through his power amp into the OS cab alongside some 5150 and ENGL e530 reamps and in that instance the Wagner actually beat the tone of the 5150...

The weak link in Nick's stuff isn't his preamp simulation, but the lack of a real power amp and cab... that's all. I was astounded to say the least.

Got any clips of that? I'd be pretty interested in hearing it.

yeah the wagner sharp is savage, I use it live through a poweramp and cab and it sounds great, amazing on lead moreso than rhythm

Words of the man himself:

Hi,

When programming Simple Guitar Combo I used as a model the old custom Combo, which I did for myself 22 years ago on his own original scheme. Simple Guitar Combo includes cab emulation.

Nick

sounds amazing for leads !