Guys! Wanna hear your 5150 raw tracks!

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Anybody got any raw tracks of their 5150 in action? I've been at a loss recently with capturing a good tone- but im wondering how good i should actually be experiencing anyway straight from a sm57...

Cheers ;)

kev

would be interested too :) coz I'm going to capture a real amp in the near future and would love to have some refs ;)

My 6505+ tracks are pretty much as is on my bands demo. I cut at 80Hz and HP'd at 10Khz. I tried some C4 similar to Andy's settings, but I liked it better without it. Any additional tonal coloration happened to the whole mix during the mastering process. But, my 6505+ sounds about 100% like the tone on our demo. I used an LTD Viper with EMG 81's and a Mesa oversized Recto cab for the recording. I've since switched to Duncan Distortions and Bill Lawrence L500XL's and prefer that tone over the 81's...It's thicker.

www.myspace.com/judgementband

nwright said:
My 6505+ tracks are pretty much as is on my bands demo. I cut at 80Hz and HP'd at 10Khz. I tried some C4 similar to Andy's settings, but I liked it better without it. Any additional tonal coloration happened to the whole mix during the mastering process. But, my 6505+ sounds about 100% like the tone on our demo. I used an LTD Viper with EMG 81's and a Mesa oversized Recto cab for the recording. I've since switched to Duncan Distortions and Bill Lawrence L500XL's and prefer that tone over the 81's...It's thicker.

Very nice! Some great tracks and brilliant production dude i must say :) Still after pre limited pre compressed tracks really though! :kickass:

nwright said:

Awesome. You guys really kick ass with no pretence.

kev, my recording computer isn't connected to the internet but at some point soon I'll try to bounce a few files for you...like a 30 second clip or something?

Matt Smith said:
Here's a clip I recorded last night. Not the best playing or anything, but this is what my 6505+ sounds like with absolutely no processing.

6505+ CLIP

brilliant matt! That is way better than mine. If you have the time, could you tell me your set up? Pre, speakers and mic/mic placement!

Cheers for taking the time man :kickass:

Sounds like Mesa with V30's...SM57/i5 for the mic possibly. Hope I'm right, if not, I'll have to go clean my ears!

~e.a

Matt - how do you like your FireFace800? I've been looking at them a lot recently, thinking about getting it to replace the 828mkII that replaced the 002R I was using before it. I like the 828, but I'd rather have that for my live rig and get something a little higher up in quality for my home studio. As of right now the 828 is doing double duties basically.

~e.a