Guys! Wanna hear your 5150 raw tracks!

I dig the Fireface. It hasn't given me any problems and sounds good, plus you get 4 usable preamps. I'm still a bit weirded out having my primary audio interface be a firewire unit, but for now it's working out fine.

kev said:
Adding V30's and a fireface to my shopping list for this year! Speakers easy to replace? In and out job with a blob of solder i hope!

Exactly, just did 2 today ;).

Matt, any chance on settings for that 5150? Sounds badass, but I need to hear it in a mix to fully comprehend its badassity ;).

DSS3 said:
Exactly, just did 2 today ;).

Matt, any chance on settings for that 5150? Sounds badass, but I need to hear it in a mix to fully comprehend its badassity ;).

badassity:headbang: :headbang:

That would sound great in a mix. There are a bit too much frequencies meeting up in the middle because of the tight doubletrack but that sounds real good.

Matt ...is that the Pedal that is causing the wahish mids or do you have the Peaveys mids cranked? The mids are a bit smooshed but it works. I love how the single note rhythm is hitting the mic-- just overloading it a bit for that sabbath vibe. For the impulse guys..thats a detail that cant be captured.

Must have more Clips:Smokin:

+1 on the Fireface. Been using one here for about a year... it's clean, quiet, has great routing options for cue mixes & just plain works well. That, & RME has great support. If you're interested, Elephant, I recommend checking one out.

Skyweaver said:
Just check Marks one - damm I'm putting the JCM800 out in the Sunday rubbish :(

Mark how about some details ?

Not sure what the exact settings were, but it was the boosted lead channel with the gain really low, around 2 or 3. I used my Fender Iron Maiden Strat with a Duncan JB Jr in the bridge, into my 5150 and Bogner 412 with V30's. I had the volume on 2, that's really the only setting I remember...and the mids were around 3 I think.

EDIT: Found the settings...

Lead Channel, Normal Gain Input
Pre Gain - 3
Low - 4.5
Mid - 2.5
High - 3.5
Post Gain - 2.0
Resonance - 3.5
Presence - 5

Boosted with an OD808

Overdive - 0
Balance - 10
Tone - 2

EDIT 2: I used 2 SM57's for that clip, the Studio Fredman method.