Guitar Port Questions- Thinking of buying

kev

Im guybrush threepwood
Jun 16, 2004
Bristol, United Kingdom
www.myspace.com
Hey guys, just looking into the line 6 guitar port and from the outset sounds amazing.

Im just wondering tho, how good is it really, and my main concern is what effects are downloadable on the site etc.

I love the simple idea of plugging guitar into computer and having a tone automatically dialled in to sound specific for a cover etc. But im wondering, how far does the range extend really.

For instance, i hear there are a few hendrix backings available with no guitar at all, and they are original! But i wouldnt want to buy into it and find that these were the only things decent about the port lol.

One more thing... I hear that downloaded tracks get unaccessable once you stop paying? Is there a way to stop this, so you can basically get everything you need free in the first month, then quit?

Cheers if you can help!

Kev

Hey, well I can't help you with the online downloadable features, but I do use the Guitarport and Rifftracker(a recording program used with guitarport) to record riffs and such. There are a lot of cool features, amp/effect combinations, ability to switch from single-coil to humbucker, and lots of other stuff. You can set all the knobs of the particular amp you are using as if the amp is right in front of you. But yeah, I'm pretty sure that there are plenty artist backing songs with no guitar that you can play along to. I think they actually show you the tab for the song so you can learn it before you play it, but i'm not 100% positive. Cool stuff, but I haven't used the Guitarport online section yet, so I can't really say for sure.

Shredder69 said:
Hey, well I can't help you with the online downloadable features, but I do use the Guitarport and Rifftracker(a recording program used with guitarport) to record riffs and such. There are a lot of cool features, amp/effect combinations, ability to switch from single-coil to humbucker, and lots of other stuff. You can set all the knobs of the particular amp you are using as if the amp is right in front of you. But yeah, I'm pretty sure that there are plenty artist backing songs with no guitar that you can play along to. I think they actually show you the tab for the song so you can learn it before you play it, but i'm not 100% positive. Cool stuff, but I haven't used the Guitarport online section yet, so I can't really say for sure.

thnks for the reply dude!

Anybody else?

I subscribed to GP online for a few months. It is indeed a bitch to cancel the subscription..(had to cancel a credit card )

You cannot keep the backing tracks...and there were not a lot of them. They were lots of complaints about this on the forums at that time..(this was well over a year ago).

Ill tell you..I had stop playing guitar for about 5 years (got married, sold all my shit) then found this little fucker at Sam Ash....got me back into playing again and into recording and shit....best purchase for me ever!!

Get the Metal Shop Model pack as well....

I hated the GuitarPort. Crappy tone, the online subscription thing is pretty worthless. Mine's been sitting in a gig bag for the past year and a half.

Line Sux charges $10 beans a month for online (backing/tab/allthatshit). That's the man keepin YT down. Now why would you wanna be chuckin' out 15 british pounds a month when you got's the free googles and guitar pro/PowerTab?

Toneport is a decent little piece of kit, and I'm using that shitty rig right now til I get settled up. But Guitarport is straight wack considering toneport is same price and does more fancy tricks.

TP > GP

This is a photo of some high school kids seen dancing to a track made with GuitarPort online. This should clear everything up

clubbingisscary8zl.jpg

EtherForBreakfast said:
Line Sux charges $10 beans a month for online (backing/tab/allthatshit). That's the man keepin YT down. Now why would you wanna be chuckin' out 15 british pounds a month when you got's the free googles and guitar pro/PowerTab?

Toneport is a decent little piece of kit, and I'm using that shitty rig right now til I get settled up. But Guitarport is straight wack considering toneport is same price and does more fancy tricks.

TP > GP

This is a photo of some high school kids seen dancing to a track made with GuitarPort online. This should clear everything up

clubbingisscary8zl.jpg

lmfao :lol: