Worst 5150 tone EVER!

TheIllicitOne

Ik ben lekker...
Feb 21, 2006
los angeles
This guy sent me a message wanting to try out for my band. The very first thing I noticed was he had a 5150 and a mesa cab and I figured "Ok, he can't be terribly horrible." So I listened to his stuff and it is by far the worst 5150 tone I have every heard in my life. I dunno how he has that bitch dialed in but its ridiculous. Click here to hear a 5150 take a shit. Needless to say I couldn't turn away and not listen because I was in awe of this horrible tone. I heard enough to know for sure that he's know who I want playing guitar in this band.

I don't know why I'm defending this dude, but I have a feeling that it isn't the 5150 in that recording. It's probably something he recorded through a POD or other direct-type deal.

He still seems like kind of a cocktaster though.

That sounds like when i used to play through my V-amp without any cab sim. I'm going to take a wild guess and say, ignoring sound quality, performance quality, etc... if you open that up and run a speaker sim after it, it won't sound too terrible...

i like the tone, better than most other 5150 sounds, hes on to something, it doesnt have that signature speaker sound to them, which nobody really likes anyway. so yeah i would hire him, he knows what hes doing. :)