5150 settings from the absence???

alecmetal

New Metal Member
May 1, 2006
i just read that the absence used 5150 on a few tracks..???how were the settings for the 5150?????

They recorded the last 3 songs on From Your Grave with a 5150. Those songs were their EP. I doubt Pete is going to remember the exact settings though.

im going to try to remember...
Its all lead channel, Gain 10 (yeah, I know), Low 7, mid 3 1/2, High 7, volume 3, Resonance 5, Presence 8. Now keep in mind this is all from memory but it should be pretty damn close. And also a BBE sonic maximizer was used on those songs.

ihave27frets said:
Its all lead channel, Gain 10 (yeah, I know), Low 7, mid 3 1/2, High 7, volume 3, Resonance 5, Presence 8. Now keep in mind this is all from memory but it should be pretty damn close. And also a BBE sonic maximizer was used on those songs.

Damn, that's crazy how good that sounds recorded with the gain on 10. How did you have the BBE setup?

ihave27frets said:
Its all lead channel, Gain 10 (yeah, I know)

Haha, good to see you learned your lesson. :p The songs carry themselves regardless of guitar tone so you got away with it. :D

EDIT: not to say that the tone's BAD, it's just the first songs 7 tone owns it. :)

Sinister Mephisto said:
Haha, good to see you learned your lesson. :p The songs carry themselves regardless of guitar tone so you got away with it. :D

EDIT: not to say that the tone's BAD, it's just the first songs 7 tone owns it. :)

I feel the opposite. I like the tone and production better on the last 3 songs.

Yeah when we toured with the guys I remember always thinking how incredible Pat's 5150 sound was. I couldnt believe how big it sounded. And of course the cobra was on point everynight. I never got to play on that cobra Pete.