5153 412 Cab?

Simon Dorn

Jun 24, 2012
www.thy-final-pain.com
Hi!
What are your thoughts on the 412?
Has anyone tried one with the EVH 5150 III with a drop-tuning, like Standart A, or lower? I'm thinking of buying one and i'm a bit worried that it lacks some serious balls in this department :)
I have the 5150 III 50 Watt and a few cabs to match, already (1960A, MF280B, MF400 Fullstack) and i like it best with the Oversized G12K100 Cab...So i'm not sure if this would be an improvement in raw power, punch and tone :)
I would buy the "big" 5153 and the matching cab....Or just the head, or nothing, since i have the 50 Watt already :loco:
Cheers ,
Simon

als obs dich interessiert, spätestens in 2-3 Wochen steht sie eh bei dir...der 5153 kurze Zeit später

for the non-German guys:
doesn't matter what you say, Simon is going to buy it anyway sooner or later :D

For real, the 5153 is one of the nicest amps I know, really digging it, sounded great through the matching
cab, not sure if it would be my first choice for brutal death metal, but especially for more rock orientated
or old school thrash stuff it's great.

Lasse loves it and recommended me as a nice versatile cab. So i guess it must be good lol

I guess it will be both at the same time... :)

I'm just afraid of the (maybe) missing punch, that i get from the G12K100.

The EVH5153 50 Watt is my favourite Amp at the moment. Unfortunately the pilot light quit working, so i sent it back for a repair....

I didn't love the cabinet recorded or in the room. I had one about two years ago. The biggest issue was that there was always something obnoxious going on in the midrange. I tried five different quads of speakers in there to no avail. However, I have played the same cabinet elsewhere and liked it more, so I may have had a dud. I really like Splawn cabinets loaded with the EVH Celestions.

it really needs some breaking in, I first didn't really like it much, cause it had this almost broken brittle sound....after the break in that went away entirely and got replaced with smoothness....
I'm really loving that cab, using it a lot atm...
it's right up there with my Mesas

Soooo, i bought the Halfstack. Used, from a shop, for a good price.
I can't explain why, but somehow, StefTD was right :)
Lasse's advice helped, though.
If i don't like it, i sent it back, or sell it later for almost the same, or whatever...
Cheers!