6 pin DIN cable or ____ for VHT switching?

MetallyGuitarded

He whom thou art not
Hey folks, I'm trying to make a cable witha 6 pin DIN plug on one end and a TRS 1/4" plug on the other so I can use my G-Major to switch the channels and boost on my amp. I can find plugs and jacks but I need a 2 to 4 foot version of this. The only place I can find that has it, the one hosting that pic, has a 1000 piece minimum order. I need 2. FWIW - I have tried to solder the DIN plugs myself but I can't seem to find the right setting on my soldering iron that'll solder the pins and NOT melt the plastic substrate the pins are all set in. I've already gone thru 6 and even though I have 4 more I'm ready to throw the towel in. I started out with cheap all plastic connectors and even spent $14 to have some 'good' metal ones sent from England but the pins on both are set in the same plastic it seems. : (

6pindto6pindin15.jpg

I'm thinking of adding a second either D-Sub or multi-pin jack with something more common/accessible like a PS/2 ( aka 6 pin mini DIN ) so I don't have to alter the original plug and make the factory footswitch obsolete. Any thoughts? What would you do?

I've scoured eBay and used Google and Yahoo search engines and all I find is the connectors, the wholesaler and one guy who has a right-angle plug version I'd rather not use.

Here's the footswitch jack on the amp if that helps...
PittBullSilo003.jpg

Cool. Thanks guys. I contacted the guy on eBay selling the right angle connectors and he said he'd make me the cables too with straight plugs real cheap. I didn't think it would be too hard. I wire guitars and assorted cables frequently but these DIN plugs are rough. Probably just a ID10T issue but I'm not so dumb as to not admit my own inability. I read that hi-fi stereos used to use these 6 pin DINs a lot and I was hoping I'd just buy a cable with the plugs on each end and I could just cut it in half and make 2 x 6 pin DIN to 1/4" TRS cables so I'd have a spare.