6505+/Audix i5/Mbox 2 Mini

The presence knob doesn't do anything until about 8, anyways, and then it REALLY kicks in.

The distant tone is from the mic positioning, I'd venture to guess.

And please, use the FTP.

mic positioning is 1 inch away from grill cloth - ive tried against the grill cloth, seems a bit more distant. im thinking its just the mix.

whats ftp?

Ok, well that tone sounds really dull and lifeless to me, I'd say it needs more presence and less actual treble, maybe a little less mids as well. Also the riffs do nothing for me.

I don't know, maybe it's personal preference that I like quite bright sounding guitars. Also stteotd, I didn't mean to sound like an ass with my comments, I figured it might have come out that way, just wanted to let you know, it's all constructive criticism :)

I don't know, maybe it's personal preference that I like quite bright sounding guitars. Also stteotd, I didn't mean to sound like an ass with my comments, I figured it might have come out that way, just wanted to let you know, it's all constructive criticism :)

i like a pretty raw, dark tone. so its really not criticism, its preference. but thanks anyway!