6505 mod help

krokit

Noisey B*****d
Dec 5, 2005
London
Im gonna do a couple of mods on my 6505 which are simple enough but could somebody tell me where the R9 1 meg resistor is as I can see it on the schematic but really need someone to actually point it out on the board!

Cheers

It would help if you posted pictures. My guess would be closer to the preamp side of things:confused:

You mean the one to piggyback for the cameron mod?
If I'm not completly wrong, it's located on the breakout board holding the preamp tubes.

But in my opinion the mod isn't worth it that much. I did something in the middle between the cameron value and stock value.
The 1pf glimmer between pin 6&7 was also way too much for. Between 7&8 sounds better to me.

Cheers, Markus.

Thanks hogan666, yeah the piggyback resistor in the Cameron mod. Im gonna do the bias mod also which is easy but Im just a little slow when it comes to translating the schematic into whats on the board!

Here's the mod:

V5B(middle preamp tube): add 10pf silver mica cap between pins 7 and 8. This is the main mod!!!
R9: piggyback a resistor on top of the 1 meg resistor. I used a 120k based on feel. You can try out 68k, 100k, 120k, 150k, etc. This tightened up the amp a lot!
C26: cut one leg for less bottom end on the rhythm channel
C15: bypass cap for better "feel"

I can always reverse what I dont like so thats not a problem. When I modified my Marshall JMP there was plenty of pics of the board on the net but I cant find any pictures of the 6505 that identify the components which is a bit of a pain!

Anyway I'll keep lookin....cheers

Yeah, identifying part on the 5150 board is a pita. :D
Bias mod is really easy.
And everything is very easy to reverse.

But it won't make another Amp out of the 5150, what I foolishly thought.
Also have a look a the thread about 5150 mods. Was usefull to me, finding that damn R9 :D

Good luck & don't kill yourself.