6505 preamp->impulse test

love the mix and guitar tones! bass seems to sit a little to heavy in my opinion. could be my speakers...

Wish I could get direct tones like this with my engl blackmore...Good Shit man!! I'm jealous, lol.

Yea i mean the first tone isn't perfect but it's a lot better than i can get direct with my engl. idk why it sounds so incredibly different direct, way less gain, less punch, it basically responds like a different amp, it's weird...anyways, is there a high low split on the bass? I've really been getting into that lately, on my high track i high and low pass out everything but the mids and throw distotion on it, maybe add some treble or high mids till it's super dirty, and just bring it up barely enough to blend with the guitars low end...

That is seriously cool tone. I think I actually like the first better?

Btw., there are some distortion/clipping artifacts going on, most pronounced in the second clip.

I like the tones, but the overall mix seems very cloudy or muddy... what sort of highpass and lowpass eq do you have going on in your master?

Yea i mean the first tone isn't perfect but it's a lot better than i can get direct with my engl. idk why it sounds so incredibly different direct, way less gain, less punch, it basically responds like a different amp, it's weird...anyways, is there a high low split on the bass? I've really been getting into that lately, on my high track i high and low pass out everything but the mids and throw distotion on it, maybe add some treble or high mids till it's super dirty, and just bring it up barely enough to blend with the guitars low end...

yep, even 3 splitted basses (I know, bass still sound like shit:)), low, grit, and dry DI