70,000 Tons of Bodom

Why all those questions? Nobody cares about these things. This is a metal-ship full of metal bands and metal-heads. If you are on a festival you also don't care about fresh water, booze, where to smoke pots, drink, weather, smoking,...

I was on this year, tryin to answer your q's below

Oh yah, watch out for the booze. I bet they charge for water on board.

Hey, do they inspect luggage? 'cuz you really just need maybe a couple of swimsuits and some shirts maybe something to wear if you are going on land. you could fill most of your suitcase with booze. or water. you know water water everywhere but not a drop of water to spare. unless you want to rehydrate when you take your shower (like anyone is gonna be doing that- ship full of big stinky long haired guys)
* They scan your luggage and supposedly remove fluids from it.
* There are free water places, but they do charge for carbonated and bottled water.

what exactly is the shower situation on board this thing?
* One per cabin, so 1 shower in 2, 3 or 4 ppl, depending on what type of cabin.

do you suppose that might be why it's called 70000 tons of (sic)?

do you have to pay extra to use the hot tub? and do people pee in the pool or do they use that chemical that makes it green or blue if you pee in the pool? huge oversight if they don't- all that drinking you know
* No, nothing extra
* I have no idea, why would a grown person pee in the pool?
* There are actually toilets on the ship.

don't forget your dramamine or your sea legs if you have those

and oh yeah, what do they do with all the waste water from the restrooms? can someone assure me it will not end up in the ocean? or the pool?

should be nice and warm without being too hot. Close to the equator and all. Even here it tends to get up to 70 sometimes in January.
* Out at sea it did get rather windy and not very warm, outside pooldeck stage you usually wore longsleeve and pants, especially at night.
* Indoors they have AC

hope you don't plan on getting much sleep. make sure you are well rested before the ship embarks. I read that people can do 24.65 hours without sleep.
* Sleeping is optional, but as long as your cabin mates don't disturb you, sleeping in the cabins is excellent. However bands play sort of 10 am to 4 am, then there is karaoke to about 8 am, so if one don't want to miss anything...

how is the coffee on board? is that free or should bring instant coffee?
* I think coffee was free, as long as you took the regular stuff from the buffet area. There are special coffee places, they will charge you.

is the booze included with the cabin fee? I am told that on cruises this is usually the case. You have to pay for non-alcoholic drinks tho. And what is the dining sitch?
* No. Some cruises have wine and/or beer packs, this one does not. A beer was typically 4.50 to 6.00 USD, including tips, per bottle. You also need to pay extra for carbonated soft drinks and bottled water.

and is there a doctor on board? if i drink too much can i get iv fluids or do i have to just deal with it?
* Yes, there is a medical team onboard, though it is not free.

and what about smoking? if you bring pot is there someplace you can go where people won't be trying to smoke up all your weed?
* Smoking is allowed outdoors on most decks, as well as indoors at certain areas. Pot might not be looked upon with kind eyes, up to you to risk that.

is there gonna be a merchandise table for the band?
* There was one this year.

and is there anything to do on land aside from shopping and sight seeing? seems like most people on this cruise would opt not to disembark just to get some sleep. for example, I would like to find a secluded area to relax. you know like an empty beach or a nice little wooded area. of course, it's bound to be quiet on board that day. but how private are the cabins really?
* It's of course up to you. This year a lot of people got off the ship in Cozumel.

they should change the schedule to reflect that that day is the 'day of having sex.'

and what about hurricanes?
* As far as I understand it this is far from hurricane season

is there a smoke alarm in the cabin? or any kind of restrictions against candles or lamps?
* Yes, including a big fine.

and do need a passport or a passport card for this? it goes into international waters right?
* Yes, you do need a passport, especially if you plan on gettign off at the Grand Caymans. I believe US citizens taht select not to get off until they get back to Miami can do without a passport, but they do need to bring something else, though it does not apply for me, so I didn't momorize it.

do they make an announcement when the ship has entered international waters so people know it's time to start getting high?
* No, and drugs are not allwoed on board.

Can we make COB play when it's time for that announcement?

I'd bring a joint up on stage for them to pass around between songs. 'Cuz it's no fun knowing the band can't get high since they gotta play.

Hope it helps.
And yes, it was so amazing that I opt to go from Sweden next year again.

:lol: she was / is a troll, why would you take something like that serious? :lol:

ARRGH I AM CAPTAIN LOWBERG AN' I' BE YER GUIDE TO 70,000K OF BODOM.
I SET SAIL TO MIAMI FLORIDA SUNDAY AND THEN ON YEE BOAT MONDAY.

No worries guys. Not too sure I'll be able to post much until I'm back though. There is a couple wifi hotspots on the boat but with 2K ppl it might be tricky. I checked with my phone company and roaming charges for data is $20 per MB :lol:wtf, so my phone is out of the equation too.

Ingrid, where you from? Maybe we'll run into each other on the ship, I know Mystique is going too but that's it from the forum as far as i know.

No worries guys. Not too sure I'll be able to post much until I'm back though. There is a couple wifi hotspots on the boat but with 2K ppl it might be tricky. I checked with my phone company and roaming charges for data is $20 per MB :lol:wtf, so my phone is out of the equation too.

Ingrid, where you from? Maybe we'll run into each other on the ship, I know Mystique is going too but that's it from the forum as far as i know.

Fuck yeah!!!! I can't wait to get on the ship....it's funny cuz it hasn't really even hit me yet how fucking amazing this is going to be. But shit, only 2 more days and we're off!

I'm definitely gonna try to get a pic of Lowberg and I with Alexi and Roope :kickass:

:kickass: DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT POST WHEN YOU COME BACK AND HAVE A GREAT TIME!!!

So far the trip is pretty nuts and im not even on the boat yet. Met a bunch of kids from canada and we made a mess of beer bottles by the pool... I don't think the hotel staff likes us haaha

Alexi in action on the cruise

70ktm2012.jpg