7500 hz

one combination i can't currently test is turning off the screens and the speakers at the same time, because then i have no way of knowing of the tone is still there or not haha

i guess i could hit record then try it... but i wonder if pro tools would take a shit if i unplugged screens from my mac while it was in record mode...

Use a spectrum analyzer that has a "freeze button." Line up the mouse over the button, unplug monitor, hit button, if it shows up on the graph, you're still walking through shit.

I have no idea what your problem is. I think I could ask some people who could help you.

so more weirdness

tested with no instrument cables plugged in, NO 7500 hz

tried a di box, 7500 hz present

tried more different cables in both configurations, some cables had stronger presence of 7500 hz, others less

moving the cables around doesnt effect the strength of the frequency peak

when my sessions are over with im going to try the breaker trick, and then also moving to another room. im going to be really super bummed if other rooms dont have this problem.

You don't want to use ferrites on guitar cables and mic cables, trust me. You can try them, and they might work to get rid of some noise issues, but they will kill your tone in a very bad way. Ferrite beads are great on things like power cords and hookup cables(USB cords, dvi cables, etc).

actually, yes

also quality of cable was included in the batch (like those wimpy walmart cables, and then my mogami cables)

Well this explains it all. For some reason, you have that frequency all over your room, and the cable is acting as an antenna.

The thing about this issue, is that most of the 'get rid of noise' methods are designed for higher frequencies, so most products and methods probably won't help your problem. You need to figure out what is emitting that frequency and remove the source.

I would suspect it's something much bigger that you think.

You could always wrap the whole room in tin foil. If it stops, than the problem is coming from outside of the room. PS if you do this method, take lots of pics lol

found a ferrite bead in my electronic cable box, and tried it out

it seemed to have given the spike directional sensitivity? (or maybe this was here before and i just didnt notice) but... moving the guitar 360 degrees at any location will have some dead spots, but they are very small windows. you'd never be able to sit in the deadspot and play because its very tiny. as soon as you move a muscle the spike will poke through

but anyways, the ferrite didnt really do much, i tried it at many locations on the cable

actually, yes

also quality of cable was included in the batch (like those wimpy walmart cables, and then my mogami cables)

I'm still going with an RF signal. There is not a lot of control for low powered rf devices. My guess is something like a cordless phone (not a cell phone).

I'd still try a another room and see if it gets better or worse. If it is the same then you could have problems tracking it down. Also shut off all the lights. Halogens and fluros can do crazy things, takes 2 seconds, in fact anything you can turn off is worth a shot. You've probably tried those things.

Are you in a commercial building?

EDIT: weird double post deleted.

I'm still going with an RF signal. There is not a lot of control for low powered rf devices. My guess is something like a cordless phone (not a cell phone).

I'd still try a another room and see if it gets better or worse. If it is the same then you could have problems tracking it down. Also shut off all the lights. Halogens and fluros can do crazy things, takes 2 seconds, in fact anything you can turn off is worth a shot. You've probably tried those things.

yeah

i took batteries out of my wireless keyboard, unplugged the wireless reciever, turned off all the lights, speakers and screens (used headphones), took the batteries out of my cordless phone, turned the breaker off that powers my living room (electronic city), and my bed room (base station to the cordless phone), and another breaker for my microwave and refrigerator

spike was still rocking hard

im in a house in the country in a small residential area (the area doesn't have city water or wifi, and extremely poor cell phone service) all the bands complain about that one

Have you got a laptop? Get it happening on that then shut the power to the building off. At least then you'll know it is not you for certain. I have no idea what you do after that, contact the FCC?

Have you got a laptop? Get it happening on that then shut the power to the building off. At least then you'll know it is not you for certain. I have no idea what you do after that, contact the FCC?

i'll see if i can't find enough stuff to get a signal on a laptop in a daw and try that out

will be weird to have the power completely off haha

i hope i figure it out soon. im recording my first major label release in 2 weeks, i dont want this stupid shit!

Try putting that ferrite on the power cord for the interface or preamp, as close as you can to the IEC connector. See what happens then.