8 string domination (download my cd for free)

DANiMALxMD

Nov 21, 2008
Frederick, MD
hey guys, another "download my cd thread". Here is another 3 month effort from myself. Its my first "album" using 8 string guitars. 7 of 11 songs are 8 strings, and the others are 6 strings tuned to drop A. Its a nice mixture of melodic stuff, chuggy/"""djent"""" stuff, and metal stuff. But whatever. Its 11 songs at 48:34 all instrumental as usual. i got REAL lazy on song titles. im just horrible with them. Anyways, thanks a ton to whoever listens and the cd and songs are all free unless you want to pay me tons of money. Due to the heaviness of this cd, you will be asked to sign a waiver just in case it crushes your spine. not really though.

9-9.jpg

Listen/Download/pay me(250MB rar) http://dandankmeyer.bandcamp.com/album/x
easy download(98MB rar) - http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1383549/Dan Dankmeyer - X.rar

Fucking awesome, Dan. I love it man! :headbang:
You need a singer dude!! You could prob find someone here thats more than able to pull it off.

Great job, sir!

sounds awesome man , i will listen it better later :)
btw the snare sound awesome ? any details about him ?

Thanks man, I just downloaded and started to listen... 1 minute in, and I have a question for you:

Do you like Nightingale / Dan Swanö? :)

EDIT: I accidentally listened to "2" at first because of alphabetical order... nevertheless, the question stands!
I'd also like to say that so far I love it!

Fucking awesome, Dan. I love it man! :headbang:
You need a singer dude!! You could prob find someone here thats more than able to pull it off.

Great job, sir!

thanks dude

sounds awesome man , i will listen it better later :)
btw the snare sound awesome ? any details about him ?

its just steven slate blended with some of the s2.0 snare

Thanks man, I just downloaded and started to listen... 1 minute in, and I have a question for you:

Do you like Nightingale / Dan Swanö? :)

im somewhat familiar with dan swano and his work, but have never HEARD anything of his. Never heard of nightengale.

thanks for the listens. hope you like everything

im somewhat familiar with dan swano and his work, but have never HEARD anything of his. Never heard of nightengale.

Double awesome then!
Some of the atmosphere and lead melodies gave me kind of similar vibe, but without feeling like a ripoff. :)

Check this out:

Of course you have much more going on, it was just that the beginning of "2" that put me right in that mood.

Yeah I like the whole album alot, and will definitely recommend it to my friends, especially those who like Nightingale.

One recommendation: In the future, pay special attention to the guitars being in tune and/or the intonation. I remember that a few parts sounded a bit off or at least questionable in that regard.
I just skimmed through to find examples again but so far only found the short part in "metal idea" starting at 3:12.
Nothing major, though, so don't worry about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Double awesome then!
Some of the atmosphere and lead melodies gave me kind of similar vibe, but without feeling like a ripoff. :)

Of course you have much more going on, it was just that the beginning of "2" that put me right in that mood.

Yeah I like the whole album alot, and will definitely recommend it to my friends, especially those who like Nightingale.

One recommendation: In the future, pay special attention to the guitars being in tune and/or the intonation. I remember that a few parts sounded a bit off or at least questionable in that regard.
I just skimmed through to find examples again but so far only found the short part in "metal idea" starting at 3:12.
Nothing major, though, so don't worry about it.

yeah i can definitely hear some resemblence. as for that part about the tuning. i was already playing some really sour, dissonant chord thing, so it might have sounded out of tune. or it might have been out of tune. haha. but i always tune multiple times per session, so i was probly due. im glad you liked it man. thanks for listening.

I listened to the whole album again today, it definitely holds up well in replay value.
I found the other part I was actually thinking of... it's starting at 1:00 in "The Art of Dreaming" and really sounds off at 1:08.
Apart from that everything is fine to me.

Thanks again for making this available for free, very cool of you!

Thankyou very much! I'm enjoying a lot listening it. I love the melodies a lot, they have some celtic influences that I love. Epic:danceboy:

There is a lot of static from clipping throughout. Another person mentioned it, but I thought I would mention it as well. It occurs very often throughout unfortunately.

There is a lot of static from clipping throughout. Another person mentioned it, but I thought I would mention it as well. It occurs very often throughout unfortunately.

its from revalver and i dont know how/havent really tried to get rid of it. if i turn the gain all the way down, and let it sit for a second, and set it back to normal, it goes away. but when it comes to the mixdown, it shows up. i hate it so much. atleast that is the stuff you hear at the end of songs when its really quiet.

its from revalver and i dont know how/havent really tried to get rid of it. if i turn the gain all the way down, and let it sit for a second, and set it back to normal, it goes away. but when it comes to the mixdown, it shows up. i hate it so much. atleast that is the stuff you hear at the end of songs when its really quiet.

I wasn't talking about amp static.

I was pointing out the audible clipping during the loudest parts of the songs. It manifests itself as crackling over the music.

It happens on all the loud sections and drum fills.

Your music rules. I am listening to it at work right now. Your songs titles are indeed super lame.

Thanks for the tunes.

I have had more time to listen to this now. It is really great and keeps growing on me. You should all download this.