80's Hardcore

I started listening to some early hardcore and I was like "Shit, this is some intense stuff. These guys invented extreme music."

Then I bought an album by Bad Brains and was deeply dissapointed. Some mediocre fastish tunes nad some regae. Not my thing. So if anyone wants to recommend me some very extreme early hardcore that would be appreciated.

You need to take a second look at Bad Brains, they are one of the greatest hardcore bands of all-time. I would really recommend listening to Minor Threat, I like them better than Black Flag.

You need to take a second look at Bad Brains, they are one of the greatest hardcore bands of all-time. I would really recommend listening to Minor Threat, I like them better than Black Flag.

:headbang: I'll definetly give them a second chance but I definetly don't think this is a band that could get me into this type of punk. Maybe after I get into it I will go back to them and see the brilliance.

I think, honestly, that Minor Threat was the band I was checking out that made me want to check out early hardcore punk and then I accidentilly went with Bad Brains instead. Not the first time this has happened... since I tend to check out a bunch of bands at one time. One time I was thinking of Kyuss and I got them mixed up with Fugazi! So now I have this Fugazi album and it's aight but I would totally be loving that Kyuss album...

Fugazi is amazing man. Anyways, Bad Brains are a little more experimental. Also, the Misfits aren't really hardcore, but are the greatest band EVER!!

Yeah I'm a fan of some of it. Bad Brains, Dead Kennedys, Minor Threat, early Suicidal Tendencies are all great. Never got into Black Flag or Misfits.

get into the early NYHC scene ala the bands who played at CBGB's like:

Murphy's Law
Agnostic Front
The Mob etc.

Also get into Cali/LA Hardcore:

Circle Jerks
X
Dead Kennedys
TSOL
The Germs
Bad Religion

Special note about the U.K. Scene: The Exploited

Gang Green is fucking badass. The misfits are good but i dont really consider the part of the hardcore scene. Anyone like GG Allin?

7 Seconds is another band you might like... and The Misfits though not entirely Hardcore, they did have some HC leanings.. a riff here or there type of thing... here's more NY bands or east coast bands you might like:

Warzone
Sick of it All
Six and Violence
Gorilla Biscuits
Youth of Today
Crumbsuckers (love this band)
Leeway
25 ta Life
Beastie Boys (yes the rap group, they were hardcore originally)
Pro-Pain (offshoot of Crumbsuckers)
Sheer Terror

Not a NY band but you might like early D.R.I. before the Crossover album...

I saw Dropkick Murphys a year ago and this NY band called the Krays opened for DM. They were great put on a much better show than DM. I would recommend them to anyone.

Tbh crust/d-beat owns hardcore. Martyrdod/Disfear/Skitsystem/Amebix/Anti Climex/Iskra blablabla ftw.