Hardcore

FunAtTheGallows said:
On the topic of hardcore-how many metalheads here hate the slamdancing at metal shows? K, "kids"-hit up a hardcore show. Faggots.

i do, Moshing annoys the hell out of me, why can't people just watch the show? I also think it's hillarious because they think they are cool for doing it, when in reality they just look fucking stupid, like a bunch of fucking animals at the zoo. :bah:

Hehe, well i have to agree with you now... been to a few gigs recently and i thought exactly that...

But! in my younger days (a good few years ago now) i used to do the exact same shit that we think is stupid.

I have queued up outside rock city in nottingham to see slayer, and then been down the front moshing and stage diving, but that was in the late 1980s early 1990s (can't remember now), but yeah it seems stupid now.

But hey, we had a laugh, and i pity the poor people that had to catch me from stage diving... lol, i ain't light :)

So give em a bit of a break... we were all like that once... unless you are really that age, and if that's the case, get down there and see what it's like first... ;)

Matt

harryhash said:
4) BEST EVER BREAKDOWNS!!!!

7 Angels, 7 Plagues' "Jhazmyne's Lullaby" and Ed Gein's "It's A Shame A Family Can Be Torn Apart By Something As Simple As A Pack Of Wolves" have the BEST EVER BREAKDOWNZZ0RZZ!!11!, incase anyone really wants to know.

...and Parkway Drive sucks. A lot.

A whole lot.

:)

Alright wel let me tell you what hardcore is in the netherlands.
Here hardcore is a whole different musicstyle, it's something really dutch, created right here in the little land who is famous about his wooden shoes, weed, and tulpen, but hardcore is also something really dutch.

Hardcore is nothing but, samples, 180 beats a sec, really fucking hard basses,and electronic.
If you wanna hear something of it, try download something of the darkraver.
You also got hardcore festivals, their big, and there is a lot of xtc going on.
I'm not a big fan of this hardcore stuff, it's to simple.

I'm more like hardcore punk, like blood for blood

I can't stand Hardcore. The closest thing I ever listened to was Biohazard, and they alone. I never had the urge to go and try to find the next Hardcore second-coming of them.

And nowadays what is being shuffled of as 'Hardcore' is just a bunch of no-talent, dog-barking, two-string playing, butched-hairstyle morons with no cause.

Just shit.

You guys should listen to Fear Before the March of Flames. They've got an odd twist on hardcore, it's kind of hard to describe. Like...plenty of dissonant chords and leads, but it still sounds very pleasant. Their screaming is also amazing, it's very full, and sounds like he's tearing apart his vocal cords.

Circle Takes The Square, Welcome The Plague Year, Ampere, Orchid, Funeral Diner, Kaospilot, combatwoundedveteran, La Quiete and Amanda Woodward are some of my favorites.

The vast majority of newer hxc is metalcore in disguise. There's some good stuff there, but best to just skip it and listen to:

BAD BRAINS
MINOR THREAT
DEAD KENNEDYS

Seriously, if you have any interest in hardcore, you've got to pick up Minor Threat's Complete Discography. It's like $12 in most stores. The essential hardcore artifact.

http://homepages.nyu.edu/~cch223/comps/thrasher.html
Here's a good compilation to get you going.

I used to have almost all of their cassettes. I think I still have one of them but the rest went to cassette heaven. Volumes 2, 3, 5 and 7 are definately the best. 7 has Ghoul Squad, which is a great band for anyone who likes The Misfits. Hellmen is also good and SNFU is classic. One of the compilations even has early C.O.C. - their first three releases (Eye for an Eye, Animosity and Technocracy) are classic.

The only bands I like that could be considered hardcore are:

The Esoteric
Cult of Luna
Spitfire
Bloodlined Calligraphy
Embodyment (Embrace the Eternal-era)
Drowningman
Overcome

Correct me if I'm wrong, but has no one mentioned Vision of Disorder? Not sure if they are really "hardcore" but always seem the be lumped with the other bands. They were awesome.