8505 and soloc

RichMinerva

New Metal Member
Jul 27, 2009
hey guys im using cubase sx 3

with the soloc boosting the 8505

with 4 tracks running.

i use an i7 quad core processor and i can run anything else other than those tracks or it absolutely eats my cpu :|

does anybody have any suggestions?

I use a toneport GX and when i have too many plugins running at once the playback is rather choppy. However the other night I went into the ASIO driver setup and boosted the buffer which seemed to eliminate some of the choppiness. I need to do more testing to see whether it's a proper solution but it's worth a shot dude. Boosting the buffer will increase latency though so you don't want to leave it cranked when trying to record.

have you optimized your PC for audio?

i have a shitty single-core 3ghz dell w/ 2GB ram and could run that...an i7 quad should have no problems with it

have you optimized your PC for audio?

i have a shitty single-core 3ghz dell w/ 2GB ram and could run that...an i7 quad should have no problems with it

Any more details on how one would do that? Always looking for better optimization. :popcorn:

You are running Cubase SX 3!

Track Freeze is your friend. It is the snowflake button on the track. It is essentially the same as printing the track and re-importing it, but way way more convenient.

With freezing you can still control the volume in the mixer. Then if you need to change the parameters, just unfreeze, make the change and refreeze. Best of all worlds.

ahh good point :)

i will try that next time im on.

but optimizing it for audio?

this i would like to know! x

wish i could afford reaper :/

You can't afford a free 30 day trial ?

No Risk
The evaluation version of REAPER is complete and uncrippled. There are no artificial interruptions or restrictions, and you can save and load projects normally. We believe in giving you a fair chance to make sure that REAPER works correctly with your hardware and suits your workflow.

The REAPER installer simply copies REAPER and its support files to disk. It does not install anything except itself.

If after 30 days you decide that REAPER is not for you, simply delete it.

If you decide that REAPER is for you, you must purchase a license.

Dude ur running i7 and thats to much to handle??

Yeah just freeze the track dude that the easiest way in my opinion.