8dio Sound Libraries

FIXXXER

¯\(°_o)/¯
Feb 18, 2008
Germany
http://8dio.com/

well, i usually do not trust sound demos etc. but watching a few videos these libraries seem to be kind of unique, especially the strings sound so clear a powerful.

the biggest negative point is that it needs kontakt to run.

i'm not sure about the 5.x version but some time ago i absolutely
hated kontakt (SSD 3.5 dilemma)

the other thing is the provng, stuff is expensive as hell, dämn...

what do you think? anybody using anything from 8dio!?

I have heard of them but don't own any of their libraries and apart from the VSL stuff I don't know of many other top end sample instruments that don't use Kontakt. I like Kontakt player and started using it with version 4 now 5 it works great for me:D

yeah actually i have tried the kontakt 5 demo and it seems much smoother than the old 3.5 shit.

the real "shitty" thing about that is that i have to buy kontakt first. honestly i'd rather spend the 400 bucks on an extra 8dio library.

this way i have to buy kontakt, which i won't use just ot be able to use the 8dio stuff, that sucks big time.

You can get Kontakt Player for free (it usually comes with all these libraries anyway)

yeah i thought it would work this way but then i found this on the 8dio website (FAQ)

Do I need the Full or Player version of Kontakt?

>>> All of our libraries require the full retail version of Kontakt.

that's a bit weird. if i got this right, the kontakt free player is the exact same software as in the fill version just without any sample content.

yeah i thought it would work this way but then i found this on the 8dio website (FAQ)

Do I need the Full or Player version of Kontakt?

>>> All of our libraries require the full retail version of Kontakt.

that's a bit weird. if i got this right, the kontakt free player is the exact same software as in the fill version just without any sample content.

The thing is that if a company wants to have their stuff run in Kontakt Free they have to pay a huge amount of money to native instruments. Like 20.000 - 30.000 from what I remember.
That's why smaller companies can't offer a version for kontakt free

what about including a full verison of kontakt (the player only) in their libraries!? is this a cheaper option!?

damn i want to buy some 8dio stuff instantly but i just can't justify to spend 400 bucks on kontakt 5, knowing i will never use any of it's sound content.

damn i want to buy some 8dio stuff instantly but i just can't justify to spend 400 bucks on kontakt 5, knowing i will never use any of it's sound content.

i had this problem - i scored a Kontakt 2 upgraded all the way through to 4 for like 100 bucks and later upgraded it myself to 5. it was a huge hassle considering i had to figure out how to apply all my serials - in the end i was able to register them and upgrade a Kontakt Player to the full version - but it was definitely worth it! i'd advise you to look used from KVR as well.

i look 8dio and soundiron as if they were still a single company, and both of them make really great stuff. the big thing why i use them is that they're all so easy to make sound realistic.

The library that ships with the full version of Kontakt is pretty good. It also contains a decent amount of orchestral instruments from VSL.

Also, there's VSL Ensemble Pro 5. It ships with Epic Orchestra and it sounds brilliant!
http://www.viennaensemblepro.com/

is it the same library that can be tested withing the demo version of kontakt 5!? if so, i am not really convinced as it sound very unnatural to me.

Ensemble Pro 5 looks good but way to overcomplicated. i am also very confused about the product marketing from VSL. it seesms very untransparent to me, kind of buying a pig in a poke.

i had this problem - i scored a Kontakt 2 upgraded all the way through to 4 for like 100 bucks and later upgraded it myself to 5. it was a huge hassle considering i had to figure out how to apply all my serials - in the end i was able to register them and upgrade a Kontakt Player to the full version - but it was definitely worth it! i'd advise you to look used from KVR as well.

i look 8dio and soundiron as if they were still a single company, and both of them make really great stuff. the big thing why i use them is that they're all so easy to make sound realistic.

i thought i had a full version of kontakt 3 in my NI account but it seems like it was the free player also. looking at the service center i can find only one product which is named "Kontakt Player 5"

i guess i have to wait for some kind of promotion and just buy kontakt 5 :confused:

i thought i had a full version of kontakt 3 in my NI account but it seems like it was the free player also. looking at the service center i can find only one product which is named "Kontakt Player 5"

i guess i have to wait for some kind of promotion and just buy kontakt 5 :confused:

NI hold bi-annual specials in summer and at the end of the year, one of which is half-off for upgrades and other is half-off for full products. i think it was upgrades last summer, but let's hope it's the other way around this time.

I was in the same position a couple of years ago, my advice is don't buy full Kontakt player, if you are going to spend that money pay the extra and get Komplete 9. I have now upgraded to Ultimate 9 which for me still represents good value. It's frustrating when you want something straight away though....I feel your pain.

NI hold bi-annual specials in summer and at the end of the year, one of which is half-off for upgrades and other is half-off for full products. i think it was upgrades last summer, but let's hope it's the other way around this time.

i hope they will have a special soon, maybe july 4th but it's a german company so i doubt that.

I was in the same position a couple of years ago, my advice is don't buy full Kontakt player, if you are going to spend that money pay the extra and get Komplete 9. I have now upgraded to Ultimate 9 which for me still represents good value. It's frustrating when you want something straight away though....I feel your pain.

yeah komplete offers so much more stuff for a few bucks more, then again i do not really need all the stuff. if i can catch a good deal i will go for komplete of course.

i can't even remember how i got to the 8dio page but as soon as i was there i was like WOW, this site has style. i listened to some demos and watched a few videos on youtube. the stuff sounds fantastic, so clear and real, instant serious G.A.S :lol: