Who is the Best thrash Metal band of all time?

• Testament

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Metallica

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Megadeth

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slayer

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Sepultura

• Accept

• Bastard, its not on the list!

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
Testament.

Slayer paved the way for dark music. Metallica basically made thrash popular. Megadeth had unmetal lyrics that were good. Anthrax had the unique goofiness and sense of humor.

But Testament did something unlike any of the other popular thrash bands. Instead of making albums like Risk and ReLoad ( The Ritual experimented with mainstream sounds though) , they just got heavier. They put an album out like The Gathering and blew everyones heads off. I think The Legacy and The New Order, heck, probably PWYP too, are better than most of what people say are the best thrash albums. The guys are awesome too..Chuck Billy and Eric Peterson have just got to some of the coolest guys in any metal band.

Brent said:
Testament.

Slayer paved the way for dark music. Metallica basically made thrash popular. Megadeth had unmetal lyrics that were good. Anthrax had the unique goofiness and sense of humor.

But Testament did something unlike any of the other popular thrash bands. Instead of making albums like Risk and ReLoad ( The Ritual experimented with mainstream sounds though) , they just got heavier. They put an album out like The Gathering and blew everyones heads off. I think The Legacy and The New Order, heck, probably PWYP too, are better than most of what people say are the best thrash albums. The guys are awesome too..Chuck Billy and Eric Peterson have just got to some of the coolest guys in any metal band.
Oh, boy, here we go again:

Metallica did not just make thrash more popular, they also "matured" the thrash genre from just being all-out metal assault (not necessarily bad, but you know, like some early Slayer material) to being very creative and melodic while staying thrash. Master of Puppets is obviously the album I'm talking about. The Black Album was the album that made thrash very popular.
To say Metallica wasn't an influental band (I don't mean that you're saying that) is madness.

I can easily see how the hatred for Metallica has come up, but sometimes the hatred for them in these days also affects the band's old glory days. Unfair, IMO.

No offense to you, Brent, you probably know all of this (maybe you don't agree, though), but I just felt like clarifying a few things. Metallica didn't make the thrash genre popular by just selling out.

Brent said:
Testament.

Oh, boy, here we go again:

Metallica did not just make thrash more popular, they also "matured" the thrash genre from just being all-out metal assault (not necessarily bad, but you know, like some early Slayer material) to being very creative and melodic while staying thrash. Master of Puppets is obviously the album I'm talking about. The Black Album was the album that made thrash very popular.
To say Metallica wasn't an influental band (I don't mean that you're saying that) is madness.

I can easily see how the hatred for Metallica has come up, but sometimes the hatred for them in these days also affects the band's old glory days. Unfair, IMO.

No offense to you, Brent, you probably know all of this (maybe you don't agree, though), but I just felt like clarifying a few things. Metallica didn't make the thrash genre popular by just selling out.

Epica, I didn't mean the whole selling out thing. I meant that they made thrash popular..and that's all I meant, which they did. And yes, I agree with most of what you said.

You are all terrible, there is obviously one king of thrash abover immature bands like slaer and metallica and that band is SAXON !!!!!! HELL YEAH !!!!!!! they progressed and paved the way for shitty unoriginal bands like metallica and slayer....THATS the end of it.