_FUCK_ Northern Storm Records

Smoof

Vacancy
Oct 16, 2005
Colorado, USA
Back in October (23rd), I ordered an album and I had to go through a guy named Brent Lockman who is apparently president of this place. Well, to make it short and sweet, I ordered it ($15) and it never came. I opened a dispute with PayPal and emailed this dude, I was polite about the issue. In his own words:

"Hail Bryan We've been having entirely too many issues over the mail this year, anyways my assumption is the album got lost in the mail, we have a fed ground account now which we'll use to send you a new copy in the next couple days, my apologies on this causing you any grief. Cheers!"

And again in my email

"Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 17:40:42 -0500
Subject: RE: Cost to U.S.?
To:
CC:

Hail Bryan

I sent you a message on paypal about this, stupid e-mail server declared this as junk mail, I do apologise for that you should have your copy of the record by early next week at the latest.

Cheers!

Brent C. Lockman
President, Northern Storm Records
(416)294-5341

Northern Storm Records
126 Olive Ave
Toronto, ON
M2N 4P1
Canada "

Figuring my business was done with Mr. Lockman, I closed the dispute. Well, apparently, my business is NOT done as it's been nearly TWO months and I STILL have not received my album yet. It's been almost a month since Mr. Lockman said I would have it and there must have been a mix-up.

So finalize, DO NOT deal with Northern Storm Records or Brent Lockman unless you too wish to have your money stolen from you. Brent Lockman is a liar and a thief and I recommend you do not order anything from his label.

i've dealt with Brent before and he's a really nice guy.there might ahve beena problem with the mail but i can tell you for sure that he's not a liar and theif.

Brent is on this board-Insomaniac,so i hope he replies to you.

Well then I hope I've misjudged him and you are correct.

But I'm tired of dealing with situation and I'm frustrated with it. I've tried to be polite and then later politely pushy, but now I'm starting to get pissed off, especially when I feel that I'm being ignored.

makes sense to feel annoyed but I wouldnt go calling the guy a liar and theft on a public forum.

How else should I feel? I waited over a month with ignored emails until I first opened-up a case with paypal, which THEN got a response. Okay, I thought, no big deal, this guy just didn't see my emails and is now sending me my album, cool. He said a week at the latest, but I figured for realities sake, I would give it two at the least and three at the most, since it was coming from Canada and I'm fairly familier with ordering things from the same area, via David. Three, now almost four weeks have passed and I've still recieved nothing. I send a polite email and I once again see no reply after five days, how am I supposed to feel? It's been nearly two months since I ordered the album and I still do not have it. I've been cheated over the internet in the past and this is looking like exactly what happend the last time it happened and I refuse to take it sitting down.

Now, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe Brent is a nice guy, perhaps absent minded, I don't know; but right now, I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling about the whole situation and when I see no refund in my bank account, nor do I see an album in my mail, I feel a tad bit angry. I've been polite about it up until now and given Brent the benefit of the doubt, but now that I've been polite and haven't gotten anything for it, it's time for me to do something about it.

If Brent wants to rectify the situation, hey that's great. I'll delete/apologise in the threads I've created. But until then, I'm sticking to the position I'm at.

The same thing happened to me for the WOTA disc. He replied the exact same thing in the email. I'm not accusing him and gave up on my WOTA cd as he wasn't responding to my email.

Maybe it's really lost in the mail, but I don't have the time to argue for 15 bucks.

I've got all email to prove what I'm saying

Both situations have been and are being dealt with, and no apologies are necessary it's a simple foulup, and I'll fix it.

None the less I do apologize for this.