A.B.C.C.M.E.

Cello

Promoted to Hannibal
Nov 14, 2007
Bovenkarspel, Netherlands
Ladies and gentleman, I heard you wondering: "What on earth is A.B.C.C.M.E.?". The A.B.C.C.M.E. is ofcourse nothing less than the Anual Baarlo Chinese Culinary Metal Extravaganza!

As has been the tradition the past couple of years, we will try to get as many of you attending metalheads to have dinner with us at the Chinese restaurant in Baarlo before the festival kicks off. I suggest that we gather at the castle around 16:30-17:00 and then start the march towards the restaurant. There we will indulge in the goodness that is the Chinese buffet. After filling our stomachs with the necessary buffer for all the beer that will be drunk in the evening and night, we will together walk back to the venue in time for Klone to kick off the festival!

For the people that have never been to the festival before: don't miss this wonderful opportunity to get to know some of the metalheads that will be spending the weekend with you on the festival and perhaps at the castle as well!

So, who will be there? :D

Haven't decided yet.

Option 1 (this is how I use to do it). Leave thurday, make a stop in germany for one night. Be in time for the A.B.C.C.M.E, be fresh for the friday evening, but miss the Sunday after party since I have to drive home early monday morning.
Option 2. Leave Friday morning. Probably miss the A.B.C.C.M.E, be tired as hell friday evening after 13 hours behind the wheel, but get the Sunday after party and make a stop in Germany on the way home instead.

We'll see...

I haven't booked any flights yet, but if i choose the same way of travel as in 2008 i'll be there in time for the A.B.C.C.M.E:)
And i have to mention to those who haven't tried out the restaurant, i went twice in 2008, it was that great:lol:

No P.P.E. without A.B.C.C.M.E!

Count me in, though I have no idea what my travel fellows think about ariving earlier than the festival start, it takes the about one hour to get to Munich and pick us up, so they gotta get up pretty early.
May this thread convince them!!
:kickass:

I am thinking that this will be a great way to start the weekend. Being a newbie....some guidance regarding the finer parts of the 3 days will be welcomed. You know – things like - is the egg foo yong as good as last year!!

At least the friday food will be good. Also looking forward to the "uitsmijters" again at the local cafetaria. Just not so much to the snack car, the Petatterie burgers were so much better :(

You can count me in as it's the only "proper" meal I get for the entire weekend. And if I'm there, Gary will not be far behind !

Yep! Count me in too for WAY TOO MUCH Chinese food. Buffets are the devil's work; you always feel like you could eat a little more because it's FREE ANYWAY. And then you explode.

I am going to try very hard to attend this, as long as my duties as Shadow Gallery's production assistant don't hold me captive :) I very much enjoyed the Chinese buffet when I was in there in 2008, and looking forward to seeing many of you again!