A band everyone should check out..HUM..

thirdeye

Jul 2, 2002
detroit
Visit site
just about all of the people i know who listen to Opeth a lot, appear to listen to bands such as Tool, or any intelligent, sincere or progressive sounding band. Including this one called "Hum" which many have never heard of, but has quite the cult following in the underground. theyre not metal, rather id say a melodic rock band with extreme use of atmosphere, effects, major guitar layering etc. very sonic and otherworldy, highly emotional, sounds like nothing on the radio really, and with lyrics that can compete with anything ive ever read. for those willing to stray out of the metal/death metal genre a bit and experience a very important band, check out, or dl songs from their cd's "downward is heavenward" (my favorite) or "you'd prefer an astronaut" and give it a chance to sink in if you do listen, like opeth songs, they tend to grow on you until, you are highly rewarded.

"Somewhere through a thousand blues a dragonfly descends with just a whisper,
I'm lonelier than god, and all my wishes spin the fishes in the air
and everyone a different shade of you..
and to the left where up is down
Now stands a zebra made of shapes of me and silver and the sun
So bring no guilt with you up above the flatline
Let's just hit the sky exploding into one" - Hum

try kazaa, there are some floating around there, you have type the title of the cd with the band name to get anything i think, u can get most that way...a good song to start with is "if you are to bloom". thats what i got me hooked on them

Have any of you heard Throcult? I loved their first cd, De Facto. I think they have lost their sound on the second cd, however. They sound more like a Cradle of Filth want-to-be than themselves. I consider that a sad lost.