A big thanks to the SQA (with a healthy does of sarcasm, and maybe a curse of two)

Slash Freeman

Iron Maiden obsessive
I'd just like to say thanks to the SQA for giving me and my fellow Advanced Higher Maths pupils an exam that was impossible to get a A in, which, incidentally, i needed to get in to the uni i wanted. i wouldn't have minded if the exam they set us was actually contained questions set in the course work but the questions they set us were total bullshit. there were stuff in there that was NOT in the coursework. i checked. the SQA have fucked it up yet again, but this time they won't say anything and i'll have to go to a uni that's further away. more expensive and more difficult to get home from.

Thanks again, SQA. You suck.

I'm sorry Keith... :cry: I know that kind of shit, teachers trick us quite often here... :mad:

He markgugs, sometimes people need to write certain things down ;)
I find it totally OK as long as it helps :)

It wasn't the teachers that fucked me/us, it was the exam board. they made the course but the exam paper was just bullshit. i went through every single bit of course work but i still couldn't answer almost half of the first part of the paper because it WAS NOT IN THE FUCKING COURSE! i'm soooo pissed off cos i now can't get into the uni i wanted to (they asked for an A in maths and i got a B). i can't appeal 'cos the teachers gave us an impossible prelim so i only got a B in that too. okay, you might think, so why not just be happy with a B? It's still a good pass. well, i'm not happy with it because i KNOW i'm really good at maths, and i KNOW that i am easliy capable of getting an A. i'm pissed off at the SQA, like i said. Grrr!!!!! :mad:

Of course it's not in the coursework; they always set original problems that force you to apply what you've learnt in an alternative way to the ones you did in your textbook. Everything you need to know to be able to pass was taught (providing you got through the whole course), it's just the way in which you had to use what you knew that eluded you. I do agree though, that sometimes they are just ridiculously difficult. Or maybe we're just getting more stupid?

Actually, ScultedCold, this paper contained at least 1 question (worth 10 marks) that was NOT in the course. even the teachers agree with that.

Dreamwatch: Well, i guess i'll be moving to England anyway. I'll be going to Birmingham, the home of heavy metal (apparently!).